Jewel --balcony question

How badly does the lifeboat overhang affect your view from the 8th deck? We have two E2's reserved (8318 & 8320), thinking about switching to E1's closer to the front of the ship (w/out the overhang). Not sure if it is worth the extra $$$.

On the deck plans, does it say that those cabins are "obstructed"? If not, then it shouldn't affect your viewing pleasure at all.

Not necessarily, the OP is referring to the lifeboats below, RCI's website only tells you if the view (straight out) is obstructed.

cruizeblues, are you sure about those cabin numbers?

###

IMO

You won't like being over the Canopy. You can't look straight down to the water. When you look down you'll see a white roof about 8-10 ft covering the life boats below.

I'd go for something on the bump We had 8604 awhile back and that balconey is larger than most others or look toward 8542 and forward to avoid the canopy.

That being said the ship is great and don't sweat it if you can't change.

Willift

The Radiance class of ships (this includes the Jewel & the Brillaance) are our favorite. At no time has the lifeboat overhang impeded our view. It is true that you can't hang over the bannister & look straight down into the water. However, if you are sitting or standing on the balcony, you will still have a great view of the ports and the ocean.

Thanks for the input! It may be difficult to move because we need adjoining rooms (other room for our kids) and there aren't too many to choose from in the less expensive E balconies. I'll try, but if not, I won't sweat it!

On Jewel, midships, you can step out onto canopy over lifeboats from balcony on Deck 7. Even on Deck 7, the inability to look straight down into water off balconyis not a big deal, at least not to us. I would think it at all a significant thing on Deck 8 balconies.

Archived