Jump to content

Shareholder OBC


the wandering two
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any recent experience of applying for shareholder OBC recently & how long they took to reply?

Booked Smeralda Nov 28th one week ago & applied for credit on the same day via email as the time span is a bit tight.

Only our second Costa, last time used snail mail as the only options then were that or fax. 

 

The other Carnival brand that we use is P&O, applied a couple of weeks ago & they send an immediate automated reply & had credit confirmed four days later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It used to take about a week, but we've been waiting two and a half weeks for a response on a cruise departing on 2 December. From a French Costa fans Facebook site that I follow, I get the impression that quite a lot of people have rushed to buy shares as they are so cheap now, so maybe they are having to deal with a lot more requests than usual. Anyway, this has reminded me to chase them up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. 

When I didn't get an automated confirmation of email, like I do from P&O,   I contacted customer relations in order to confirm the OBC email & they replied in a couple of hours. Maybe contact them next week. 

Can't think of what else to do other than resend the original request? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, the wandering two said:

Thanks for the reply. 

When I didn't get an automated confirmation of email, like I do from P&O,   I contacted customer relations in order to confirm the OBC email & they replied in a couple of hours. Maybe contact them next week. 

Can't think of what else to do other than resend the original request? 

I resent it marked "Urgent" and got a response the next day asking for an updated share certificate. Sent that back and got the OBC confirmation the same day. Sometimes just a little nudge does the trick...!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, kremerlorraine said:

I resent it marked "Urgent" and got a response the next day asking for an updated share certificate. Sent that back and got the OBC confirmation the same day. Sometimes just a little nudge does the trick...!

Success. 

Had planned to do as you suggest when a reply arrived this morning requesting an updated proof of holding.

Sent that & had a reply within a couple of hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I applied and it was on my booking the very next day.  Super quick.  However, when I sailed it was not applied to my account.  In fact they have charged me over 500 euros for things that I did not spend after the cruise ended and I had left the ship.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

I bought the requisite 100+ CC.L shares, emailed the contract note, name and booking ref. to shareholder@costa.it and I received an email next day to say that the OBC was applied. In our case it was 200 Euros. It could not have been faster or more straightforward! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2023 at 7:24 PM, Skipper Tim said:

. to shareholder@costa.it and I received an email next day to say that the OBC was applied. 

I wonder where you get this email address and when the last time you submitted the request.

 

It is apparent that the Carnival PLC displays another email address for Costa cruises brand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Serengeti228 said:

I wonder where you get this email address and when the last time you submitted the request.

 

It is apparent that the Carnival PLC displays another email address for Costa cruises brand. 

I sent my email re. the OBC for the shares 20th March and had the reply the next day. 

Edited by Skipper Tim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Set Sail Beyond the Ordinary with Oceania Cruises
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: The Widest View in the Whole Wide World
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...