Weather: Late January sailing from LA to Mexico

New2cruise2022

I’ve read a few things, but if anyone has personal experience/opinions I’d love to hear. 

5-night Bliss from LA with stops in Cabo and Ensenada. 

The weather looks like it will be what it will be. If the temps are colder (50s and 60s) at sea, are the pools and slides warm enough for the adventurous to brave? 

Also does anyone have exceptional luck during this time with unseasonably warm weather? 

I knew the weather would likely be colder when I booked so we will have a great time either way. Just looking to hear others experiences. Thanks!

• Like 1

Did Bliss from LA , January 2021, I think the 10th.  (7 day),   Long pants first day, then shorts .  Cabo should be nice and warm, Ensenada a little cooler.   San Pedro was maybe a light jacket weather night before and day of boarding.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

Did Bliss from LA , January 2021, I think the 10th.  (7 day),   Long pants first day, then shorts .  Cabo should be nice and warm, Ensenada a little cooler.   San Pedro was maybe a light jacket weather night before and day of boarding.

Thank you! 

14 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I’ve read a few things, but if anyone has personal experience/opinions I’d love to hear. 

5-night Bliss from LA with stops in Cabo and Ensenada. 

The weather looks like it will be what it will be. If the temps are colder (50s and 60s) at sea, are the pools and slides warm enough for the adventurous to brave? 

Also does anyone have exceptional luck during this time with unseasonably warm weather? 

I knew the weather would likely be colder when I booked so we will have a great time either way. Just looking to hear others experiences. Thanks!

Since you are sailing in late January you shouldn't expect the temperatures to go above the mid 60's in the day time and upper 50's at night until you get below Ensenada.  Wind at sea could also lower those temperatures.  The farther south you go the warmer the air and water temperatures will be so pool/slide usage will probably only be near Cabo since the pools aren't heated.  You shouldn't require more that a light/medium jacket if you dress in layers.  

Edited by farjar
more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farjar said:

Since you are sailing in late January you shouldn't expect the temperatures to go above the mid 60's in the day time and upper 50's at night until you get below Ensenada.  Wind at sea could also lower those temperatures.  The farther south you go the warmer the air and water temperatures will be so pool/slide usage will probably only be near Cabo since the pools aren't heated.  You shouldn't require more that a light/medium jacket if you dress in layers.  

We will be coming from the snow in Utah where we still wear nothing more than shorts and a hoodie all winter. So, sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing.