Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Gift Card flagging?

dasmonkey

Need to use some points ASAP from this card.  Don't have any travel to apply at the moment. On hotels gift cards are frequently handled by 3rd parties and are NOT typically flagged as travel and therefore you can't apply points.  Does anyone know if you buy gift cards directly from Celebrity if the are flagged as travel thus allowing you to apply points?

If not Celebrity has anyone found other mainstream cruise lines that do flag gift certificates as travel?

13 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

Need to use some points ASAP from this card.  Don't have any travel to apply at the moment. On hotels gift cards are frequently handled by 3rd parties and are NOT typically flagged as travel and therefore you can't apply points.  Does anyone know if you buy gift cards directly from Celebrity if the are flagged as travel thus allowing you to apply points?

If not Celebrity has anyone found other mainstream cruise lines that do flag gift certificates as travel?

While I don't have any experience with this particular card, I've found that refundable air fares or hotel bookings are often helpful in this scenario.

23 minutes ago, RichYak said:

While I don't have any experience with this particular card, I've found that refundable air fares or hotel bookings are often helpful in this scenario.

That's a good idea as well!

So you think if you applied the points then cancelled like 30 days later they would credit back cash and not points? 

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

That's a good idea as well!

So you think if you applied the points then cancelled like 30 days later they would credit back cash and not points? 

Thanks! 

It works fine with Capital One Venture Miles. I just did it, though not intentionally, with a Hurricane Ian related cancellation.

• Thanks 1