What to do before Long Beach Flight?

SuzieQ521

Hello:

We are sailing out of San Pedro on NCL in January. Upon returning on Friday, we were debating between a 12:25 p.m. flight at LGB or 3:45 p.m.; even though I believe embarkation is between 7 am to 10 am., we did not want to cut it close so chose the later option.

However, this will likely leave us with a few hours of time to spare (We, as in--myself, husband and 4 year old son). I am hoping NCL can send our checked in bags directly to Southwest airlines (I think they do that when you leave them out night before) so we will likely just have a small carry-on.

Anything you recommend we can do to pass through a few hours? We were thinking of even taking Uber/Lyft and going to the beach (Long beach) but we will have a small suitcase with us. Any other suggestions?

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Hello:

We are sailing out of San Pedro on NCL in January. Upon returning on Friday, we were debating between a 12:25 p.m. flight at LGB or 3:45 p.m.; even though I believe embarkation is between 7 am to 10 am., we did not want to cut it close so chose the later option.

However, this will likely leave us with a few hours of time to spare (We, as in--myself, husband and 4 year old son). I am hoping NCL can send our checked in bags directly to Southwest airlines (I think they do that when you leave them out night before) so we will likely just have a small carry-on.

Anything you recommend we can do to pass through a few hours? We were thinking of even taking Uber/Lyft and going to the beach (Long beach) but we will have a small suitcase with us. Any other suggestions?

Thanks! 

I think you should change your plans.

First, you have plenty of time to make the 12:25 pm flight from LGB .

Second, there's no luggage forwarding service from the ship to the airport.

7 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I think you should change your plans.

First, you have plenty of time to make the 12:25 pm flight from LGB .

Second, there's no luggage forwarding service from the ship to the airport.

Thanks. Is that a port-specific thing? My parents went on NCL out of Seattle last month and they left their bags out the night before and it was sent to the airport for them.

How long do you think a ride would be to LGB from San Pedro on a Friday morning? I am thinking we will try the earlier flight like you said.

Thank you!

21 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Thanks. Is that a port-specific thing? My parents went on NCL out of Seattle last month and they left their bags out the night before and it was sent to the airport for them.

How long do you think a ride would be to LGB from San Pedro on a Friday morning? I am thinking we will try the earlier flight like you said.

Thank you!

Yes, it's port-specific and Seattle does offer that service. I'm not sure it's currently offered anywhere else.

You can never tell what traffic will be like, but it's only about 15 miles from San Pedro to LGB . Even if it were to take an hour, which it shouldn't,  you can easily make the flight.