Swim Diaper Question

Momof2kids

I saw on the literature that there are no swim diapers allowed in the pool on the Dawn. I'm assuming that means no "Huggies" or "Pampers" disposable swim diapers. Are the cloth/plastic reusable swim diapers that I can purchase at the local swim club allowed?

Basically, what is needed for my 2 year old to be able to use the swim pool with her big brother?

Thank you for your replies!

I know you don't want to hear this, but based on NCL's published policy, I don't think ANY diapers are allowed. Here's the wording from their web site:

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

Nope, not what I wanted to hear, but forewarned is forearmed. At least I know that we'll have to do something else with DD when DS wants some pool time.

In all likelihood, DH will take DS for a swim when I take DD for her afternoon nap. And DD can always get her feet wet at the beach.

Thanks!

I read somewhere about taking a small inflatable pool (really mini) for young ones to splash around in. You can take it back and forth to your cabin. I thought it sounded like a good idea assuming there is deck space in the kiddie pool area (which I believe there usually is).

I read somewhere about taking a small inflatable pool (really mini) for young ones to splash around in. You can take it back and forth to your cabin. I thought it sounded like a good idea assuming there is deck space in the kiddie pool area (which I believe there usually is).
I was about to suggest the same thing; just a small none that can be left behind at the end of the cruise. All the lines have cracked down on the swimmy diapers: potty trained or you can not use the pool. I hope this works for you: it doesn't seem fair if Big brother is in the water, little sister can't enjoy a swim. NMNita

Mom ~ the reason no diapers of any kind are allowed in the pools on cruises is because in most cases the pools are not chlorinated fresh water, but water taken in from the ocean and simply filtered. I would highly recommend bringing an inflatable small pool for your little one. I brought my 2yo DD with us on the Dawn last June and honestly, she never missed the pool one bit. She was so busy with the kids club and other activities that we really didn't realize we hadn't been swimming until the last sea day.

Happy Sailing! :D

Archived