Excursions on Msc

latebuyer

It seems like my question got lost, so i’ll just focus on excursions. What is the quality of the excursions on msc? Just to add i’m interested on going on a canada new england cruise but i’m sure reports from other cruises would be fine.

Edited by latebuyer

Hit or miss, as on any other mainstream cruise line. They'll use the same providers delivering shore excursions to all the lines and land travelers alike. They're usually reasonably priced though, perhaps the cheapest in the mainstream market, and at least IMHO, they're like purchasing insurance. With ship sponsored shore excursions, at least you know the ship will await you in case something happens and the excursion gets delayed.

I normally book independent excursions, but did book several excursions through MSC on my Divina cruise last month. They were ok to excellent. The River Tubing in Jamaica and Champagne Snorkeling in Aruba were excellent, with relatively small groups. The tours in Panama & Cost Rica were ok, mainly due to larger groups on full size buses rather than vans. Lots of waiting for others,  as is typical for large groups. 

I have noticed that MSC excursions are cheaper than other cruise lines and equivalent to or cheaper than booking independently, especially if you book prior to sailing. 

• Like 2