Recent experience in San Pedro: Crowne Plaza or Doubletree?

SuzieQ521

Hello:

We recently booked the Crowne Plaza for our January cruise (we arrive late afternoon the day before so we won't be there long).

I do see that the Double Tree has a similar price for our rate but instead of double beds, they have Queen beds (it would be myself, husband and son) and they also have the free shuttle. I know they do not have as many walkable restaurants for dinner as the Crowne.

Both of the hotels' recent reviews seem to be hit or miss (but DoubleTree does seem to be more worn down, according to the reviews)...does anyone have any input that could help us decide where to stay?

Also, do you know if either of these hotels (wherever we end up staying) would hold our luggage after disembarkation to allow us to waste some time (maybe with the USS Iowa) before our late afternoon flight?

Thanks

Edited by SuzieQ521

• 3 weeks later...

We were at the Doubletree in July and it's a little worn around the edges, but for one night would be fine.  The front desk staff was indifferent and the free shuttle was sold out by the time we arrived at 3:30 PM day prior to cruise.  We ended up booking an Uber.  Food and staff in the restaurant was great.  Pay the money to upgrade to a Marina view room.  We had a courtyard view and there was a wedding reception going on until after midnight, fun to watch all the drunk people, but not much for sleeping.  We did the park and cruise, which was fine.  But after seeing the cruise terminal parking lot I would park there.  It was pretty much empty and steps from the ship.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1