Drinks package

nawlagal

11 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

That is NOT TRUE if you are talking about the Premium Drink Package (which is the standard drink package included with the Free at Sea).  As described by Bird Travels above, that standard package includes only drinks that are $15 or less.  That is a huge selection of drinks with the "well" alcohols at each of the bar.  However, there are many pours (of booze and wine) that are more than $15.

Any drink ordered that costs more than $15 per glass is charges the difference plus 20%.

ie:  a $20 drink will be charged to your on board account as $6.00  ($5 +$1 gratuity)

However, if you upgrade to the Premium Plus drink Package ($29 per day +20% grat) you can get those higher end drinks (Whiskey's, Vodka's, Tequillas, etc.) without extra charges.  

Whiskey's/Ryes, such as Gentleman Jack, Woodford Reserve, Whistle Pig all exceed the $15 per pour.

We are big whiskey drinkers and that is a major reason we always upgrade to the Premium Plus; so we can enjoy those selections without the extra fees.

Items such as Louis XIII is not considered a "drink", but is classified as an "Experience".  You will not get that for free in any of the drink packages.  They will discount the cost by either 20% or 40% depending upon which drink package you have (premium or premium plus)

Sorry, you are right. I meant premium plus. We get the premium package for free and I am considering an upgrade to the premium plus. I spoke to an agent and specifically asked if the whiskeys on the attached list were included and they said yes.  The prices go up to $495 and ounce. 

9EE98C97-2592-4DA9-AB3E-DEA58FA9D5D9.png

20 minutes ago, Dereky80 said:

Sorry, you are right. I meant premium plus. We get the premium package for free and I am considering an upgrade to the premium plus. I spoke to an agent and specifically asked if the whiskeys on the attached list were included and they said yes.  The prices go up to $495 and ounce. 

@Dereky80What do the asterisks on those expensive whiskey's correspond to?

20 minutes ago, Dereky80 said:

WOW.  Is this a NCL list?  Or did the agent actually confirm that they sell all of these onboard?  I always decline the drink package, but I may re-think that (as well as upgrade to premium plus) just to try some of these.

3 hours ago, sjacobs11 said:

@Dereky80What do the asterisks on those expensive whiskey's correspond to?

Good catch on the asterisks. I didn’t see those. You’re probably right and those get excluded. 

I guess the agent I spoke to didn’t notice them either. 

The list is from bird’s Prima review. 

9 hours ago, Dereky80 said:

Good catch on the asterisks. I didn’t see those. You’re probably right and those get excluded. 

I guess the agent I spoke to didn’t notice them either. 

The list is from bird’s Prima review. 

I think those *'s are indeed indicators that they consider those pours "Experiences".  While I am not 100%, that would make sense.  

With "Experiences", you will get a 40% discount if you have the Premium Plus  (20% with just the drink package).

But I can tell you all those others (without *) are free with the Plus package...I drank my fair share of the Whistle Pig.

Cheers!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I think those *'s are indeed indicators that they consider those pours "Experiences".  While I am not 100%, that would make sense.  

With "Experiences", you will get a 40% discount if you have the Premium Plus  (20% with just the drink package).

But I can tell you all those others (without *) are free with the Plus package...I drank my fair share of the Whistle Pig.

Cheers!

😗 🐖 

• Like 2