My Mini Carnival Vista Review

hillbillycruisers

We just returned last Saturday from our seven day Carnival Vista cruise, and while we had a fun and enjoyable cruise, I have to say the Vista is my least favorite ship so far. First, I'm a little unhappy with the fact that Carnival knows this ship is having propulsion issues, but yet they continue to sail her and let the passengers suffer the results. It seemed like the MDR staff and our cabin steward were either overworked, or unorganized...nothing like the results we've seen on all of our previous cruises. Also, the Liquid Lounge showroom has absolutely the worst setup of any ship we've been on....with very few tables to set drinks on, and poor seating overall.  There were some positive things...the food was good...the ships layout was good...our table mates were great...and I enjoyed the comedians...especially Just June. She was hilarious. I also liked our cruise director Savanah...she was a hoot! We definitely had fun, but I won't be booking the Vista again. 

• Like 2

What "results" are you speaking of related to the propulsion issues?   Itinerary changes?  I mean, this is nothing new.  We had to deal with that on our Triumph cruise a few years ago due to similar propulsion problems, but it didn't affect the fun we had.

The results in our case was that we were late getting back to Galveston, which not only inconvenienced all the peeps getting off the boat, but also those who had to wait extra long before boarding on the next cruise. This is definitely nothing new with the Vista, as it's been an ongoing issue for months. 

3 hours ago, hillbillycruisers said:

The results in our case was that we were late getting back to Galveston, which not only inconvenienced all the peeps getting off the boat, but also those who had to wait extra long before boarding on the next cruise. This is definitely nothing new with the Vista, as it's been an ongoing issue for months. 

That's a pretty common occurrence on all Galveston arrivals. Quite often, fog socks Galveston in, in the early morning hours. We don't have that problem, especially on embarkation. We choose the latest port check in time we can get. And for debarkation, the highest numbered tag that's available, as we always check our bags. Takes  lot of stress off of us. And at our age, we try to live as stress free as possible.

6 hours ago, hillbillycruisers said:

We were supposed to be on this cruise but had to cancel due to illness.  Was wondering

How Belize was since they just recently had a hurricane there. Were the Seas good? Hopefully so otherwise I would have been concerned since the ship was having propulsion issues.  Do you know if there were any covid cases on board?

The seas were extremely calm. When arriving in Galveston on debarking, the sky was totally clear with not a hint of fog. We were late due to propulsion issues pure and simple. I hate to say never, but pretty confident I'll never cruise the Vista again. As for Belize, there was some obvious wind damage...especially out in the residential area outside of the port...but they seemed to be business as usual.