4.Zepolc Cheryl and Ashlee Illinosis

total 4

states

1 Tx

1 Az

1 Al

1 Illinosis

total 4 states.

Hey, John - been watching your countdown. Are you logging an entry every day until we cruise? Just curious 🙂

My sister (Lynne) and I (Elizabeth) will be a party of 2 from TX doing B2B; husband will be at home working. Like you, my sister is retired, but my husband and I are not, so we go when we can.

This does look to be a beautiful ship, which I hope I am able to let go of my frustration at Carnival for the cabin disaster enough to enjoy. We are on B2B so it must be nice!!

Edited by Haljo1935

On 1/20/2023 at 11:07 AM, JOHN 57 said:

good morning 252 days to go, and our cruise on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas, went well; however, I developed covid Thursday evening.  I am thankful, that I did not develop covid ono the cruise.

Hope you're feeling better and were able to enjoy your birthday.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, Jamman54 said:

We will be on with you. We were originally booked on the two cruises before this one, but the cabins that we were reassigned to were not "comparable" so we decided to cancel those and book this one. Better ports and $1000 cheaper than the B2B. Carnival also transferred our non refundable deposits over to this cruise,  so we are happy! See you on board! 😎

Hi - were the original bookings transferred by CCL to this ship due to the change from Magic to Venezia? I ask because I was also on B2B on Magic paid in full on both and when they were transferred to Genesis the cabins were downgraded with no compensation. Also, had booked same cabin both weeks, but could put in 2 different cabins on 2 different decks on 2 different sides of the shio. Not happy.

I have made multiple calls and sent multiple emails all without success. Any recommendations on how you were able to get satisfactory resolution is appreciated.

Good morning Lynne and Elizabeth and welcome.  Nice to have fellow Texans aboard.  Fortunately covid did not hit on the 14th, it hit 19th, or that is when I felt it, and cruise was over then.  So, I was fortunate to enjoy the cruise on my birthday.  I am very thankful for that.  Feeling better each day, have not tested today, as of yet, but feeling alot better each day.

I do have kidney disease state 3 and still undergoing tests.  Have been and will be on a strict diet.  But a diet can be good, I was 201, but now 179, so I believe the diet is working.  

I take another blood test for the kidney disease to see, where I am on 9th or 10th of February.  Hopefully by then I have recovered from covid or have to wait for covid to go away. 

I had and always enjoyed sitting in main dining room with that big window looking over the ocean eating for breakfast eggs benedict, but have to give that up, so now it will egg white omlette.  What has to be, has to be.  Got a lot more places to go and see, so staying or trying to be in good health to go.  I want to sail around the tip of South America and to sail to Hawaii, so those two are on my list.  Yes, I have been to Honolulu on R and R while on leave from army in Vietnam.  The government paid for that.  7 Beautiful days there.

Yes, I post everyday, to keep our site up, if not it could be at the bottom of the listings. Hopefully, when I feel alot better, there will be better postings.  

good morning updae of those going, welcome Haljo1935.

1.Doctit

2.Wiggirl  Raleigh, NC

3.nuts4cruzin Star, Idaho

4.Stockton III Peoria, IL

5.Akaalj Fl

6.Pokerface NJ, Burlington, NJ

7.John57 John and Myriam, Huntsville, Tx

8.ziggycruiser Kevin CT

9.albo8888 NJ

10.swack Dan and Barb Buffalo, NY

11.Mayan*1 Fl

12.Barbatkins South Charlotte, NY

13.Caven 1 MS

14.Haljo1935 Lynne and Elizabeth Arlington, Tx

states

1 Idaho

1 IL

2 Fl

1 CT

2 NJ

1 NY

1 NC

1 MS

total 9 states

corrected update for those going on Venezia

1.John57 John and Myriam Huntsville, Tx

2.Raymic Raymond and Vicky, Phoenix, Az

3,Bigmac66 Charles and Jennifer Al

4.Zeploc Cheryl and Ashlee, IL

5.Haljo1935 Lynne and Elizabeth Arlington, Tx

states

2 Tx

1 Az

1 Al

1 IL

total 4 states

I have kidney disease, so I have to be careful with what I eat.  On our last cruise on Adventure of the Seas, Royal caribbean, we visited everyday with the cheft.  I heard on carnival, they have a program called cruise mate for food allergies.  Has anybody  had experience with this program.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I have kidney disease, so I have to be careful with what I eat.  On our last cruise on Adventure of the Seas, Royal caribbean, we visited everyday with the cheft.  I heard on carnival, they have a program called cruise mate for food allergies.  Has anybody  had experience with this program.  Thank you.

I do not have experience w/cruise mate but have heard of it. Hope it will benefit you.

What would be your first drink onboard?  I would have the caipirinha from Brazil.  Due to kidney disease.  I would only have a sip and Myriam would finish it for me.  Undecided for now, exactly where onboard.

update, at last we have someone from Canada, and welcome

1.John57  John and Myriam Huntsville, Texas

2.Rayme Raymond and Vicky Phoenix, Az

3.Bigmac66 Charles and Jennifer Al

4.Zeploc Cheryl and Ashlee Il

6.Cowichan  Vancover, Canada

states

2 Tx

1 Az

1 Al

1 Il

total 4

countries

5 US

1 Canada

update, at last we have someone from Canada, and welcome

1.John57  John and Myriam Huntsville, Texas

2.Rayme Raymond and Vicky Phoenix, Az

3.Bigmac66 Charles and Jennifer Al

4.Zeploc Cheryl and Ashlee Il

6.Cowichan  Vancover, Canada

states

2 Tx

1 Az

1 Al

1 Il

total 4

countries

5 US

1 Canada

One of the things, that I am looking forward to is breakfast in main dining room.  Looking out the window watching the waves and water.  I have always had eggs benedict, but that had to change due to my kidney disease.  So now my sights are set on egg white omlette with cheese, def coffee, tomato juice, 2 glasses of water, grits, and turkey bacon (had to give up regular bacon). I will also enjoy the table conversation.

can you just imagine and picture yourself having breakfast in main restaurant looking out that big window at the waves slapping against our ship.  Has anyone heard of cruise mate for food allegies.  I have but no experience.  I have kidney disease, so it is of interest.

I have my list of songs for the piano player

Ray Charles

Hit the Road Jack

I Got a woman

Busted

Little Texas

God Blessed Texas

Neil Diamond 

Cracklin Rose

Sweet Caroline

I am...I said