Part LXXIII-Installment Travelogue:Cruising With the Mothers, Maasdam - Charlottetown

chesterh

This is part 23 of the Maasdam story and part 73 in a series of travelogues covering the cruise adventures of the "X" family. The chapter is stored on my website - follow the link below.

Well, I spent Friday night in the hospital. The saga continues...

Click here for a complete table of contents to this story.

From the previous episode:

“Are you too tired to snuggle?” Kris whispered in the darkness.

I started to roll over but I stopped midway and held still, trying to make sense of a sudden flood of sensations.

“What?” asked Kris.

I never thought I’d utter the line in my lifetime, but there was no way to avoid it. It sounded funny, but I wasn’t kidding. “Not tonight, dear. I have a headache.” It was 2:30 a.m.—1:30 in the next time zone to the west.

Part 23 (73) - Charlottetown

for chapter 23

Hooray Chester!

Let me first say that I enjoyed the book on my cruise last week, Chester. :)Kept me laughing right out loud in recognition of so many common occurences. The friends we cruised with had a go with it, too, and loved your sense of humor and timing. Two new fans in your corner!

Returning home to find TWO installments after a long drought was perfect! I have to echo the other 'mothers' sentiments that I, too, worry about this condition you have. Are they migranes? Still on the edge of my seat about that ... and hope you are feeling much better. And why on earth were you in the hospital Friday??? :eek: Looks like you need another guardian angel. ;)

Glad you are back from your writing hiatus ... everyone needs one now and then. Unfortunately, we are not a very patient bunch. But I do empathize.

Cheers,

Great Chester! BTW our only experience w/ PEI was Charlottetown in a dreary rain and the rest of the country in one day in Bright Sunshine. So used to we to travelling longer between map points, that we both neglected to check the map's legend and had long past the turn off the main highway to go to Anne of Green Gables. We saw the Dunes, but never went in -- not being shoppers. I'm guessing we missed something great.

Mother T:)

Hi Chesterh--Hope you are feeling better.

Did you like PEI?? We were there years ago on a land vacation camping. Loved it. The dirt was so red I brought some home. By the time we arrived it was dirty ol' brown! Must have something to do with the air up there. I got a laugh out of your remark about no life past the notches in NH. I was brought up in Berlin. GADS!! Nothing up there now!!

I'll be waiting for the next installment--patiently! Nancy

Chester, great! I was just getting ready to turn off the computer for the night and found your chapter. How nice to have a nighttime read before retiring.:D Now you can get busy on another chapter!!!;)

Garry

Well, I spent Friday night in the hospital. The saga continues...

Ok, now I'm more than mildly concerned. I'm going to take some consolation in the fact that you posted another chapter, but this medical thing has got to stop. You will never be able to enjoy you next cruise, and you will take another, if you don't get 100% well. I know, just log me in to the growing list of Moms. Barb

Dear Mothers,

We did like PEI, and will return. There is actually a t-shirt shop there that uses the red dirt to dye their product. You'll be happy to know that I plan on getting tuna subs on the way home tomorrowm night so that I can spend my normal cooking time at the keyboard. Temps are supposed to be in the 60s this weekend - I don't want to miss it, so I need a head start on the task.

Your son,

chesterh

Dear Mothers,

We did like PEI, and will return. There is actually a t-shirt shop there that uses the red dirt to dye their product. You'll be happy to know that I plan on getting tuna subs on the way home tomorrowm night so that I can spend my normal cooking time at the keyboard. Temps are supposed to be in the 60s this weekend - I don't want to miss it, so I need a head start on the task.

Your son,

chesterh

The master of evasion is leaving us hanging - again. Notice no mention of the mysterious ailment - lol. At least we know the ailment has NOT effected your sense of humor.

We are all waiting for the next chapter ......

Everything is just fine in NH. We're in the transition period between winter and mud season, after which we look forward to the blackflys.

I almost finished part 74 last weekend, and will have it posted Friday night or Saturday morning. One of these days, I have to face the taxes - I should probably say, two or three (maybe four) of these days I'll have to face the taxes. Time is flying, so I must be having fun...

All the best,

chesterh

• 3 weeks later...

It took me a long time to find this thread! Hope the taxes are done, your refund is deposited and you can enjoy some out doors time this weekend doing Yard Work! Congratulations on the Port Hole award. I will have to go out and buy the issue this weekend. Say hi to Chris for me.

Nanatravel

Archived