Carnival Venezia - May 29, 2023 Transatlantic

mik0227

Hello, we just booked yesterday.  We need to get our ticket from NY to home in NC at the end of the cruise.  Is there an express public transportation from the cruise ship in Manhattan to any of the airports?  Which is the easiest airport to get to?

2 hours ago, gortfamily said:

Hello, we just booked yesterday.  We need to get our ticket from NY to home in NC at the end of the cruise.  Is there an express public transportation from the cruise ship in Manhattan to any of the airports?  Which is the easiest airport to get to?

Since you will be flying domestic you will be going out of La Guardia, which is the closet airport anyway.  Really the best way is just to take a taxi.  The other options involve a lot more time and walking.  There's no express service that I'm aware of.  This information provided by the port might help you.  Go to the tab marked "By Taxi" for more details.  It should be about a 30 min. ride, subject to traffic.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 8:59 PM, gortfamily said:

Welcome aboard.  Carnival also provides transportation from the cruise terminal to the various airports.  I don't know if it's faster or cheaper than a taxi.

Karen

• Like 1

Have a TA FLL-London getting there May 1 (total price <$2k for balcony).  Trying to talk my partner into playing in Europe for a few weeks and taking Venezia back.  The video is so beautiful!  And the price is almost the same as one-way airfare back to the states.  We're mostly Princess cruisers - does Carnival usually have a Valentine's Day sale?

•  

Hi everybody,  my husband and I are on this TA.  First TA for us, but not first time cruising the area.  We typically do private tours as we find them much better.  We are using Spain Day Tours also.  We have joined the half day tour in Lisbon to Fatima, that has been previously posted, so hopefully we get enough people to make it a go.

For Malaga we are going to do the full day tour called Malaga to Costa del Sol also through Spain Day Tours.  The cost of this tour 69 euros per person.  They require a minimum of 14 people (max 18) so I am hoping that we get 12 more people to join us and make it a go. The description for this tour is as follows:  "Visit the highlights of Malaga, explore the white village of Mijas, browse the charming shops in Marbella, and glimpse the luxurious lifestyle of the rich and famous in Puerto Banus.  This tour covers the highlights of the ‘Sunny Coast’, an ideal day-trip for those wanting to see the best of this famous stretch of coast in a small-group setting and a light atmosphere."

If anyone is interested in joining us, you can contact the tour operator directly at www.spaindaytours.com and ask to be added to Anna D'Alessandro's group.

Edited by avd79
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 2:54 PM, avd79 said:

•  

Hi everybody,  my husband and I are on this TA.  First TA for us, but not first time cruising the area.  We typically do private tours as we find them much better.  We are using Spain Day Tours also.  We have joined the half day tour in Lisbon to Fatima, that has been previously posted, so hopefully we get enough people to make it a go.

For Malaga we are going to do the full day tour called Malaga to Costa del Sol also through Spain Day Tours.  The cost of this tour 69 euros per person.  They require a minimum of 14 people (max 18) so I am hoping that we get 12 more people to join us and make it a go. The description for this tour is as follows:  "Visit the highlights of Malaga, explore the white village of Mijas, browse the charming shops in Marbella, and glimpse the luxurious lifestyle of the rich and famous in Puerto Banus.  This tour covers the highlights of the ‘Sunny Coast’, an ideal day-trip for those wanting to see the best of this famous stretch of coast in a small-group setting and a light atmosphere."

If anyone is interested in joining us, you can contact the tour operator directly at www.spaindaytours.com and ask to be added to Anna D'Alessandro's group.

I did this tour before to Mijas, Marbella and Puerto Banus. Very nice. Mijas town is so pretty. I discovered free wifi at the tourist office in Mijas at the time. And along the coast the views were nice. See how the rich and famous live. LOL

Finally booked my airfare. Have decided to spend 3 nights in Madrid and 2 nights in Barcelona. Home from LaGuardia to Toronto and I will book the Carnival transfer bus to the airport, which I have done before. Hopefully the ongoing construction around there is nearly done as it has been going on for years.

• Like 3

Hello,

We just got back yesterday from a cruise on the Paradise yesterday and are leaving tomorrow for Arizona for a couple of weeks.  Busy, busy trying to get as much done as I can as I know how fast the time will go.

Updated tour info:

We booked with Spain Day Tours for Lisbon and Malaga.  In Lisbon we are doing the tour to Fatima and in Malaga we are doing Alhambra. The tour to Fatima has met the minimum requirement of 14 people so it is a go! The max is 18 so there may be a few spots left.

As for Malaga/Alhambra we have 9 people signed up and still need 5 more to make it a go.  This tour is 79 euros plus 20 euros for entrance tickets.  Carnival has the same tour for $164.99.  Our group will be small with the minimum number of 14 people and max of 18.  If you are interested, please see the tour description at www.spaindaytours.com and fill out the booking form to join the tour.  

If you have any questions, please let me know, Mary Johnson

19 hours ago, Debiwood said:

Any other "Single cruisers" out there? Any "Cards against humanity" players? I'm thinking 15 days might not be long enough! 😅 

Hi Debi! I'm a CAH player and single too. We have a singles group on FB for this sailing also, so planning on some LRC, Bunco, and maybe a few others. It looks like there are quite a few of us going solo this trip!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 6:52 PM, abodom68 said:

Hey y’all! Just booked this morning. First TA and first time to Spain! I’m so excited!

Hello! We’re from Griffin GA… We’re planning to leave GA on the 25Th of May, flying to Paris, then taking the train to Barcelona for the cruise. Maybe we’ll cross paths…. If you see a guy in a Georgia Tech cap say hi!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lyttleone1977 said:

Hi Debi! I'm a CAH player and single too. We have a singles group on FB for this sailing also, so planning on some LRC, Bunco, and maybe a few others. It looks like there are quite a few of us going solo this trip!

Just wanted to clarify - is the group only for singles?  or also for solos?  Two different things but I know many use them interchangeably?  All singles may be going solo - but not all solos are single!  LOL 🙂

• Like 3

My husband and I booked this cruise and are very hopeful it will actually happen after 3 previous cancellations (2 canceled by Carnival and one by us). It’ll be our first TA crossing.  We are very excited and happy to see so many repeat TA cruisers (must be fun!?)

We are flying into London and looking for airfare to Barcelona. Anyone have experience with Vueling airline? 

On 1/26/2023 at 7:45 PM, DoeCO said:

My husband and I booked this cruise and are very hopeful it will actually happen after 3 previous cancellations (2 canceled by Carnival and one by us). It’ll be our first TA crossing.  We are very excited and happy to see so many repeat TA cruisers (must be fun!?)

We are flying into London and looking for airfare to Barcelona. Anyone have experience with Vueling airline? 

A budget airline, think Spirit or Frontier. Departure and arrival times are a bit sketchy, but they get you there. As with any cruise, get to the port city at least one day ahead. Safe travels!

Hello All..

We just signed up for the cruise. We are heading over early May to do a 12 day British Isles cruise on the Regal Princess, when we get back into London we fly over to Venice to do a 7 day Greek Isles on Royal Caribbean, then fly to Barcelona to get on the Venezia. 

Steve & Sharon 

1 minute ago, SKNG Cruisers said:

Hello All..

We just signed up for the cruise. We are heading over early May to do a 12 day British Isles cruise on the Regal Princess, when we get back into London we fly over to Venice to do a 7 day Greek Isles on Royal Caribbean, then fly to Barcelona to get on the Venezia. 

Steve & Sharon 

Any Pinochle or Mexican train domines player on this cruise?  

On 1/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, Froufie said:

Just wanted to clarify - is the group only for singles?  or also for solos?  Two different things but I know many use them interchangeably?  All singles may be going solo - but not all solos are single!  LOL 🙂

Sorry, it's solos and singles!!! I'm both, lol. 

Hi everyone ! Can’t wait for the cruise!!

Wanted to see if anyone else is interested in sharing a group tour from Malaga to Ronda and Mijas for only 69 Euros per person - which is an excellent price!! We need a minimum of 14 persons to guarantee the tour. Please sign up with Spain Day Tours!  Let’s have fun together!