Carnival Venezia - May 29, 2023 Transatlantic

mik0227

Searching for hotels and flights right now, it's really bad if you're flying from MI, flights are in the thousands for one-way 😲

The ARC LA RAMBLA looks like a good place for an overnight stay, prices are reasonable and close to the port and not far from the airport.... I may book this hotel for my pre-stay 

I booked this cruise the first day bookings were accepted.  It will be my 77th cruise on Carnival.  I was going to spend 3 nites pre-cruise in Barcelona, but I discovered that airfare was a lot less expensive if I fly in a day later and just spend 2 days in Barcelona.  

Barcelona is a great city, but beware of pickpockets.  I was a victim when I was there several years ago.

The ship looks so beautiful in the videos.  Can't wait to get aboard.

Karen

Closer to my vacation in Spain, just booked the ARC LA RAMBLA in downtown Barcelona 😁

- they will pick me up at the airport - take me to the hotel so that I can store my luggage (great tip from the lovely cruisers here) and head out to tour the city with Spain Day Tours, to try to stay awake and stay alert 👀  (thanks for the warning TravelerK, I'd read somewheres else about the pickpockets), cause if they try me they would just be practicing LOL!! 

For the flight, I went with Carnival Fly2fun, because they were much cheaper than the fares I was seeing on other sites, $750 one-way (ouch) 🙄

• Like 1

We seen this cruise while on the Celebration TA and I put a hold on it.  Just go home yesterday so I called our PVP today to pay the deposit and make it official. 

No decisions yet for air or hotel.  I did look at Fly2fun and it was about $900 ouch!! We only paid $350 for the one way to London to get on the Celebration. 

Now time to start planning.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:49 PM, TravelerK said:

I booked this cruise the first day bookings were accepted.  It will be my 77th cruise on Carnival.  I was going to spend 3 nites pre-cruise in Barcelona, but I discovered that airfare was a lot less expensive if I fly in a day later and just spend 2 days in Barcelona.  

Barcelona is a great city, but beware of pickpockets.  I was a victim when I was there several years ago.

The ship looks so beautiful in the videos.  Can't wait to get aboard.

Karen

On 11/22/2022 at 2:18 PM, repogirl49 said:

Hi all,

Booked this while I was on the Celebration TA. This will be my 9th TA - glad to visit Barcelona again, been to most of the ports but not Lisbon or Halifax so that exciting.

Julie G

Hello again Karen and Julie.

I am also booked.

Just spending 1 night in Barcelona this time as visiting family in Helsinki prior to this cruise.

4 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Hello again Karen and Julie.

I am also booked.

Just spending 1 night in Barcelona this time as visiting family in Helsinki prior to this cruise.

Have we been on a cruise together before?  I remember cruising with someone named Mary Ann from Canada.

Karen

I have also booked this cruise, right after arriving home from the Celebration TA.  Looking forward to a springtime westbound cruise and to traveling with Julie (repogirl49) and Mary (maryann2).  I will be staying in Barcelona 2 nights prior to the cruise.  Nancy

Edited by nwcruiselover

On 11/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, SCOOBY3015 said:

Searching for hotels and flights right now, it's really bad if you're flying from MI, flights are in the thousands for one-way 😲

The ARC LA RAMBLA looks like a good place for an overnight stay, prices are reasonable and close to the port and not far from the airport.... I may book this hotel for my pre-stay 

Go thru fly2 fun. 1508 from Grand Rapids

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

May book this......it comes at a good time for me.  I think -- It would be my 5th transatlantic. 2 were carnival. I was looking at air since people are commenting. I guess i am lucky.  only 381 from NY to Barcelona. Love that city and have been there 3 or 4 times now.

I like goingto the opera in Barcelona and i am in luck. there is something i'd like to see before the cruise leaves.

Right now i am a single traveler.  but i have to think about this. hope i can join you all.

12 minutes ago, JoseyP said:

Hi everyone,

May book this......it comes at a good time for me.  I think -- It would be my 5th transatlantic. 2 were carnival. I was looking at air since people are commenting. I guess i am lucky.  only 381 from NY to Barcelona. Love that city and have been there 3 or 4 times now.

I like goingto the opera in Barcelona and i am in luck. there is something i'd like to see before the cruise leaves.

Right now i am a single traveler.  but i have to think about this. hope i can join you all.

Is this you Josette?  Please say yes! Also booked on this cruise!!!!

2 hours ago, Froufie said:

Also hi to Nancy, Mary and Julie and I remember you too Karen!!! 

Super excited for another transatlantic from Barcelona to some of my favorite ports on a 'new' ship! 🙂

6 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Hi to you too, Froufie.  Another TA to look forward to!  Nancy

Here we go again!

• Like 1

Several familiar names.  This is going to be such a fun cruise!

Just booked my hotel in Barcelona.  I've been to Barcelona several times, and each time I've stayed in a different hotel.  Some were OK, and some were good.  But it wasn't until my last hotel that I found one that I now consider my regular go-to hotel - Hotel 1898.

I now have hotels that are "mine" in Venice, Rome, Dublin, and Barcelona.

Karen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Looking at this cruise.  Does the FLy2Fun group give you airfare quotes/ideas if you're not booked yet?

Fly2Fun only gives you quotes after you’re already booked.  I don’t know whether you can search Fly2Fun when you have a cruise on hold but not yet fully booked, but you could try that.