Carnival Venezia - May 29, 2023 Transatlantic

mik0227

3 hours ago, mik0227 said:

Greetings from south MS, I have a quick question for those that have cruised this itinerary before. We are US passport holders and will be flying in a week before the cruise to bcn, Are there any visa requirements for this cruise and the ports.  At one time I thought Canada had a visa or visa exemption requirement, but that may not be needed for cruise passengers.

There are no visa requirements for any of the ports we’re going to.  Just your USA passport is required.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBEEK1975 said:

Good morning to all.  We are Hans and Bonnie from Orlando Florida.   After 30+ cruises we are going on our first TA.  Looking forward to a wonderful experience.  

This will be our 38th cruise and our first Trans Atlantic too

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 8:41 AM, bill__houston said:

I do not see our names on the list anymore.  We are Vickie and Bill.  My wife is from Costa Rica.

I am from Austin, TX but grew up near New York City.  Our daughter has moved to Malaga, Spain where we have been since February.

Not to worry; sometimes when others copy my list, they don't get the entire list...you are still there and I'm about to post another update.......

Here's the updated list..............

Mik0227    

SCOOBY3015                                  mid-Michigan

Fergie33972                                    Virginia

TravelerK           Karen               originally Butler, PA/now Alexandria, VA

belkin                                          Fort Myers, FL

LuvtoCruise50    Tad & Angie                 Georgia

Bily                 Allen & Bev                Southern Alberta, Canada

Repogirl49          ulieG                       Texas

Bluejays29                                     Ontario

maryann2                                       Vancouver, B,C,

nwcruiselover    Nancy & Vince                Seattle area

redrn13                                        Cedar Springs, MI

JoseyP                                         New York City

Movingimages                                          Laredo, TX

Edam               Ed & Pam                  Orlando & Asheville, NC

Lyttleone1977                                  SW middle part of the “mitten”

4iCX                                            Baltimore, MD

Njsonja                                        The Villages, FL

RoadTravelled                                  Dallas, TX

Varnar                                                Kentucky

eaglecruiser2016

nmarsh             Nancy                     Oakland, ME

Jim02351                                      Murrells Inlet, SC

MNM1011                                      Central Illinois

DKNYC        Denise aka Denny               New York City

Kmptamale72

Lettienets   Lettie or Loretta                 Hamilton, ON

Froufie      Janet                             Ottowa, Canada

gortfamily                                      NC

abodom68                                      Statesboro, GA

louzan

Incognito1

avd79                                          Toronto, Canada

Debiwood                                       Orlando, FL

DoeCO      Deb & Scott                              Colorado

SKNG Cruisers   Steve & Sharon                     Ocala, FL

Gbaladad                                       Carson, CA

PennyNC    

Jazzybaz                                       Saskatchewan, Canada

JeriB                                           Minnesota

SabrinaSmith45  Sabrina & Lawrence         Georgia

cruisedivas          Linda                      Glen Dale, MD, NY & DC

cruisinhabsfan                                  Montreal

tonythewop                                     Montreal

Dtredennick     Bill & Debera                 Celina, TX

freezincold                                     Ottowa

cruising forever    Pris & Jim                 Columbia, SC & Denver, CO

Little Dog                                      Canada

gentlehyena  Tere & Larry                            Buckhead (near Hot-lanta), GA

Jeffruit     Jeff & Leesa  6241                    Cortland Manor, NY(40 mi n of Pier 88)

sunshine002        Karen                      NYC

Pittgreg      Addie & Greg Smith                    Los Angeles, CA (celebrating Addie’s “Sweet 16”

andypeters   and wife                         Ocala, FL

HBEEK1975  Hans & Bonnie                   Orlando, FL

melsmax                                       VA

WI-TX      Linda & Jerry                    Whitewright, TX

bill_houston  Vickie & Bill                      Costa Rica & Austin, TX

East<>coaster    w/wife                       Nova Scotia

Mjlajames                                     London Ont. Canada

Good Afternoon!  My wife and I are going on this wonderful Venezia cruise and are finishing up our plans for our port days.  I have reserved a tour in Ponta Delgada with Pure Azores.  It is a Sao Miguel West Van Tour and here is a link to the tour and a description: 

https://pureazores.com/en/sao-miguel-west-van-tour/

I have been in touch with them and the tour usually begins at 9am; however, if 6 more people sign up for this tour with them, they will adjust a van to cooperate with our ship's time in port.  The van holds 8 people and my wife and I are the first two.  You contact them directly and pay; in the event that there are not 8 people by 1 week before we arrive on the ship, they will cancel the tour and refund all money.  

I am hoping there are 6 other folks on this board who'd like to join in as this seems like a great tour.  We did a similar one several years ago on a stop in Pont Delgada and thoroughly enjoyed it.  We have toured the east side and I know many like to visit Furnace, etc. but we especially enjoyed the western part of Sao Miguel ourselves.  

JC, you will need to contact Pure Azores and reserve your spots with them. I will cross my fingers that you can join us on this excursion.  The fellow at Pure Azores is Filipe and he is very nice.  You book online (make sure you put in Sunday, June 4 as the tour date) and he will email you the confirmation.  Be sure to mention to him that you are onboard the Carnival Venezia so he knows to put you in the van with us from the ship.

6 hours ago, andypeters said:

Skng Cruisers      Steve and Sharon

Hi we are Peter and Beverly we live in OTOW and we will be on the Venezia on May 29th.

Just to let you know we like to play Mexican Train.  

Ok....I love to learn new games! Look for "gamers" on board.  And bring "Mexican train". 

15 hours ago, Excursion1 said:

We have booked the tour, and hope to join you. If you would like to exchange emails, feel free to text me your email address at 757.675.1401.
God bless,

John (JC) Tyler

Sounds great, John - we're halfway there. I'll get in touch with you.  We need another 4 folks looking to join in on our Ponta Delgada tour....Should be a great one!

Yes, JC is correct.  My wife and I are signed up for this tour as are he and his wife.  The Pure Azores guy said that while the normal tour time is 9am departure, if we have a van of 8 from the cruise ship he will adjust the tour to our ship's arrival and departure.  You will need to go to their website and sign up with him and that website is https://pureazores.com/en/ .  Our tour is called Sao Miguel West Van Tour with Lunch. You pay them on their website and if we get a van of 8 (there are 4 of us signed up already) then the tour will go; if not, he will cancel and refund all monies a week before we arrive there.  

My wife and I did a similar tour on our last trip to Ponta Delgada and liked the West End very much.  Hoping we get another gorgeous weather day there.  Really hope this works out for you to join us so we make this trip a go!

Here is a description from the website:

Full description

Explore the highlights of the western half of São Miguel island on this guided tour by van. Discover the famous crater lakes of Sete Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo, picturesque waterfalls, amazing cliffs, and stunning rock formations around the coast of the island.

Start with a visit to Ribeira Grande, one of the most picturesque towns of the Azores, followed by a surprising view of some amazingly beautiful cliffs on the North coast. Then travel to the inner areas of the island to see the gorgeous waterfall of Salto do Cabrito, surrounded by wild vegetation.

Drive to the top of Fogo Volcano to enjoy views of the most pristine and magical of the crater lakes of São Miguel. From the top of the mountain, enjoy the stunning views over a large portion of the island.

After a tasty meal to restore your energy levels, head to Sete Cidades, to understand why this is considered by the postcard of the Azores. Enjoy views from two completely different perspectives over the famous twin lakes. 

End the day in Mosteiros, on the western coast of the island, where the lava rocks have formed enchanting small islets and natural pools.

See less
Includes
  • Hotel pickup and drop-off from Ponta Delgada, Ribeira Grande or Lagoa town
  • Lunch of traditional Azorean food
  • One alcoholic drink of your choice (wine, beer, etc.)
  • Dessert
  • Coffee
Not suitable for
  • Wheelchair users

3 hours ago, gortfamily said:

The tour in Ponta Delgada sounds like a lot of fun.  Do you know the time and length of the tour?  We are looking at different options for the day.

Also, we're in NC as well.  Charlotte.  Where in NC are you guys from?