Ship Time

end753

2 hours ago, blueslily said:

How's your cruise going? How's the Symphony? Will be sailing on her in a few weeks. 

Excellent! Supposedly there's 6400 passengers on board and I've yet to feel like anything is crowded. Food has been delicious (I haven't eaten in the MDR and have yet to try a lot of places still but what I've had has been good with both the free food and the specialty dining). 

Shows are entertaining, the staff has been friendly and helpful. The seas have been calm (5ft high). I get very sea sick and haven't felt bad yet, though I can feel the boat moving all the time. 

The gym is well equipped and surprisingly much busier than I expected it to be. Weather has been good, it's overcast during the day which is a little bit of a bummer to me, but for people who burn easily it's probably welcome. It's still warm, and the only rain I've seen so far was last night around 9pm, despite rain being forecast every day. 

This is my first time on an oasis class ship and I love it. I haven't even explored the whole thing yet because there's just so much to do. The one thing I'm not liking so much is the need to schedule everything around dining reservations. It feels like our day is dictated by food (when we need to be back on the ship in order to shower so we make it to our reservations, then finish eating in time to get to shows, etc). Formal Dinner takes way too long and I think next time I'd like to go back to being a windjammer buffet person because it will give me back so many hours of my vacation. 

We're in a balcony room, I usually don't use the balcony, but I've used it every day this trip, I sit out there in the morning and drink my coffee. The chairs are comfortable and it seems like there's more room on these balconies than on voyager and freedom class ships. The room had plenty of storage (but large suitcases don't fit under the bed so they're sitting on out and in the way). Those little magnetic hooks everyone keeps talking about have turned out to be a must-have item. I highly recommend getting a pack if you don't have them already.