The Office restaurant in Cabo

djvand

I was reading a cruise review and they mentioned this restaurant.Β  Stated you take a boat to get there but did not offer more detail.Β  Has anyone been?Β  Can you give more detail about how to get there from the city and if it is worth the trip?Β  Thanks!

We love the Office and go every time we are in Cabo.Β  The easiest way is to take a water taxi from where the tender boats drop you off.Β  If you like to walk, it's a pretty hot walk and maybe 45 minutes or more (been awhile since we've been there).Β  We will take the water taxi back or just a regular taxi back.Β Β 

I remember walking up a hill to Baja Brewing and having a flight of beers overlooking the whole bay and then walking down a bit to the Office for lunch.Β  They had the best food!Β 

There are about 4 beach bar/restaurants all located in the same area of Medano Beach. They are all pretty much the same. At one time - "The Office" was a great place (@ 2002), but now it's just similar to the others more than a standout. "Mango Deck" next door is more of a Spring Break type atmosphere and can be a lot of fun depending on your outlook. The "Sand Bar" a few steps away has an upper floor where you can get a massage or pedicure, etc. No individual massage rooms - just an open floor plan.

• Like 1

I guess you can take a water taxi directly to Medano Beach, but I have always gone there by way of a glass bottom boat" tour to the Arch.Β  Β (I think I am going to create a canned response rather than type this up every time!)Β  When you get off the tender in Cabo, there will be a huge crowd of locals trying to sell tours.Β  They all offer the glass-bottom boat tour to the Arch.Β  It includes aΒ  drive-by of Lovers' Beach, the stinking sea lion rock, the arch, Divorce Beach -- these are all just drive-bys, but the captain will do a drop-off on Lovers' Beach upon request.Β  Warning:Β  there are no services there!

Β 

The Captain will also do a drop-off at Medano Beach.Β  You need to wade ashore.Β  Full services at Medano Beach -- food, drinks, bathrooms, chairs, umbrellas, water sports, parasailing, ATVs, etc.

Β 

From the beach, you can take a water taxi back to the Marina (where the tender boats are) to return to the ship.Β  I have never done this -- I will take a land-taxi or pedicab or I will walk.Β Β 

Β 

My last glass bottom tour, I think I paid $25 for two of us.Β  Pre-Covid, I would pay $8 to $10 per person, but I am more generous now!Β  When I am paying thousands for a cruise, I no longer want to negotiate over $10!

Β 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The walk on the beach wasn't bad, but the sand is grainy so you'll want to be wearing sandals/water socks.Β  Interesting and lively decor, lovely wrought iron chairs under shaded areas, excellent service.Β  Clean bathrooms.Β  The guacamole was excellent; the burritos not so much.Β  Prices are about the same as in San Diego.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, Mike45LC said:

I guess you can take a water taxi directly to Medano Beach, but I have always gone there by way of a glass bottom boat" tour to the Arch.Β  Β (I think I am going to create a canned response rather than type this up every time!)Β  When you get off the tender in Cabo, there will be a huge crowd of locals trying to sell tours.Β  They all offer the glass-bottom boat tour to the Arch.Β  It includes aΒ  drive-by of Lovers' Beach, the stinking sea lion rock, the arch, Divorce Beach -- these are all just drive-bys, but the captain will do a drop-off on Lovers' Beach upon request.Β  Warning:Β  there are no services there!

Β 

The Captain will also do a drop-off at Medano Beach.Β  You need to wade ashore.Β  Full services at Medano Beach -- food, drinks, bathrooms, chairs, umbrellas, water sports, parasailing, ATVs, etc.

Β 

From the beach, you can take a water taxi back to the Marina (where the tender boats are) to return to the ship.Β  I have never done this -- I will take a land-taxi or pedicab or I will walk.Β Β 

Β 

My last glass bottom tour, I think I paid $25 for two of us.Β  Pre-Covid, I would pay $8 to $10 per person, but I am more generous now!Β  When I am paying thousands for a cruise, I no longer want to negotiate over $10!

Β 

If you get dropped off at lovers beach, how do you get a ride back? Thanks for the info!

On 1/11/2023 at 6:13 PM, Travel some more said:

If you get dropped off at lovers beach, how do you get a ride back? Thanks for the info!

I never try to find the boat that I took the tour with for the return to the marina. Β I walk, take a land taxi or a pedicab. Β The other day, I took a cab to the Giggling Marlin and after a while I flagged down a pedicab to take us back to the tender dock.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:13 PM, Travel some more said:

There will always be a couple of water taxis hanging out at Lovers Beach. Important to know. There are NO FACILITIESΒ  at Lovers Beach. It's really just a small beach that a few people will hang out at.

• Like 1

Return trip water taxis FROM Medano Beach. Just know that to do this, you do have to haul yourself out of the water and into the boat. There is no ladder. There will normally be a couple of locals hanging out nearby to assist you. But remember they are simply working for tips and they need to feed their family too.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 6:13 PM, Travel some more said:

I don't think this specific question was answered.

Β 

If you chose to jump out at Lover's and hangout for an hour, how do you get to Medano?Β  Do you pay (again) for any random water taxi that pulls up at Lover's?Β  Will they let you jump in?Β Β 

30 minutes ago, lgonquin said:

I don't think this specific question was answered.

Β 

If you chose to jump out at Lover's and hangout for an hour, how do you get to Medano?Β  Do you pay (again) for any random water taxi that pulls up at Lover's?Β  Will they let you jump in?Β Β 

See post #8.

Β 

When first going to Lover's Beach, you can negotiate a round trip price that ends at Medano Beach (you will have to remember your driver and boat because they all look pretty similar). You will pick a set time for pickup (only pay half the fare). The other option is to catch one of the loitering water taxis when you are ready to leave. New fare, new price.

Edited by SDPadreFan

Sounds good.

Should have known "negotiation" was part of the planΒ πŸ™‚

Β 

Either way, there has to be a constant parade of boats going back and forth all day.  No need to swim back!!!  😁

Β 

Thank you Padre and Mike45.Β  Lots of good info from you two on the Mexican Riviera thread.