looking for another cruise... help needed

tarababy18

So I'm back to the boards, hopefully regularly again, but it's been a really busy semester, so I don't know about that. However, despite all the work I have, I am looking for some help about another cruise...

My boyfriend and I are planning on going on another cruise, this year in June and I was looking for some information from people who have been on either ship and if hurricanes are going to be a problem in June (the last week).

1- Elation - Eastern Caribbean

2- Miracle - Western Caribbean

I like the intinerary for the Elation better, but I noticed the the ship is smaller. Is the size difference noticable? Is it a big difference? (We've been on the Victory and Destiny)

Pro and Cons for both ships and intineraries is greatly appreciated... thanks in advanced all :)

So I'm back to the boards, hopefully regularly again, but it's been a really busy semester, so I don't know about that. However, despite all the work I have, I am looking for some help about another cruise...

My boyfriend and I are planning on going on another cruise, this year in June and I was looking for some information from people who have been on either ship and if hurricanes are going to be a problem in June (the last week).

I like the intinerary for the Elation better, but I noticed the the ship is smaller. Is the size difference noticable? Is it a big difference? (We've been on the Victory and Destiny)

Pro and Cons for both ships and intineraries is greatly appreciated... thanks in advanced all :)

We have been on the Elation and are going back on her in September. She is a wonderful ship and the new iteneray looks fantastic. As for the Miricle i can't comment sorry. I can however comment on hurricane season. the thing about hurricane season is just don't get set on your itenery. destinations can be changed 10 minutes before you leave and even later to avoid a storm. We always travel in hurricane season and have only been rerouted one time. Its a hit and miss thing. HTH!

looking for some information from people

Please copy paste the itinerary here if you can, I havent been those 2 ships but I can tell you that the Miracle is a Spirit class ship and they are surely a hit with everyone. Both Spirit and Pride to me are great size with the right amount of passengers. I would select the Miracle because I love the layout of the ship.

Elation - Eastern Caribbean

Miami, Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami

Miracle - Western Caribbean

Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa

We've already been to St. Thomas and San Juan so, we'll probably do St. John's instead of St. Thomas and then we'll just figure out something for San Juan. I wanted to go to Grand Turk the most, so I'm really hoping that if we pick that ship, the weather will be good to us. ;)

Also, should we buy insurance because it's hurricane season... i didn't last aug when we went sounthern caribbean on destiny, but i was told we didn't need it...

thanks in advanced! :)

Been on BOTH......and even though my fav class is Conquest......I'd go on Elation again in a heartbeat.......Miracle (the spirit class) is more subdued and not much night life.....but on Elation...the disco rocked EVERY night! :D

It's a little smaller than Destiny and Victory but you won't notice it much!....I say ELATION!:D ;)

we were looking into getting a balcony room this time and i was looking at the deck plans for the elation and i didn't see any listed... is the only balcony cabin type the suites?? also when i was looking for prices, they didn't say there were any available.

we really wanted to get a balcony so this may sway our decision on which cruise to take this summer...either way, we'll probably do the other one next summer :)

You are correct - the only way to get a balcony on the Elation is to get a suite. I was just on the Elation in January and I loved it! I was just actually looking at the eastern itinerary earlier today and am considering going in Sept.

Good luck with your decision - you'll love either! :)

You are correct - the only way to get a balcony on the Elation is to get a suite. I was just on the Elation in January and I loved it! I was just actually looking at the eastern itinerary earlier today and am considering going in Sept.

Good luck with your decision - you'll love either! :)

did you have a suite or an ov? my first cruise i went on victory and had a balcony and on destiny last summer we had an interior because it was my bf's first cruise and funds were low... this year i want a balcony cuz he said we could and i am excited about that :) we'll have to compare prices for the suites on elation and balcony on miracle and see what we can afford this year (seeing as i'm not working because i'm a senior in college and student teaching all day :( )

did you have a suite or an ov? my first cruise i went on victory and had a balcony and on destiny last summer we had an interior because it was my bf's first cruise and funds were low... this year i want a balcony cuz he said we could and i am excited about that :) we'll have to compare prices for the suites on elation and balcony on miracle and see what we can afford this year (seeing as i'm not working because i'm a senior in college and student teaching all day :(

We went with an OV - it was my first and it actually was a lot better than I expected. I had cruised twice before (during college with my mom) and we had a balcony both times. I would think if you've had an IS room before and OV would be okay - but only you can answer that. Even though we weren't in our room that much - I did miss the balcony - but spacewise the room was fine and I think the bathroom was larger than I'd had before (always a bonus) ;) I say do what you can afford and would be happy with - you've got the rest of your life to save up money for the penthouse suite! :D Congrats on finishing up school - you are definitely due for a vacation!:) OT - what kind of teacher are you going to be?

PS - There are pics of our OV room in the link in my signature - if that helps!

Look at ports and price, but remember what Host Randy said about the Miracle being more subdued. That statement has been echoed a lot about the Spirit class ships. And if y'all are into partying, pick the Elation. But if "subdued" (but still fun) appeals to you, pick the Miracle.

As far as hurricane season affecting your cruise, June is the start of it. USUALLY, we don't see much action until at least July, but that is totally dependent upon how quickly the ocean heats up. Warmer water makes for a greater likelihood of hurricanes. Also remember, that the ships can generally sail to keep out of the way of the hurricane. I would recommend insurance if you are planning to sail during hurricane season. Whichever ship you choose, have a good time.

Joanne :D

Tara; book a cruise based on the ship- sailing during hurricane season if a storm is around you might not make it to the ports you had your hopes on.

Be flexible with plans.

We went with an OV - it was my first and it actually was a lot better than I expected. I had cruised twice before (during college with my mom) and we had a balcony both times. I would think if you've had an IS room before and OV would be okay - but only you can answer that. Even though we weren't in our room that much - I did miss the balcony - but spacewise the room was fine and I think the bathroom was larger than I'd had before (always a bonus) ;) I say do what you can afford and would be happy with - you've got the rest of your life to save up money for the penthouse suite! :D Congrats on finishing up school - you are definitely due for a vacation!:) OT - what kind of teacher are you going to be?

PS - There are pics of our OV room in the link in my signature - if that helps!

I'm studying to teach elementary education and special education... i enjoy it, but it's exhausting :)

i wanted to thank everyone of all of their help... unfortunately we couldn't go with carnival (which would've been alot cheaper) because my friend decided she wanted to come and she's under 21. Carnival wouldn't let her come with us because we're not 25, so we've booked with Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas. I feel in love with this itinerary so i'm ok with trying a different line... again thank you for all the help :)

i wanted to thank everyone of all of their help... unfortunately we couldn't go with carnival (which would've been alot cheaper) because my friend decided she wanted to come and she's under 21. Carnival wouldn't let her come with us because we're not 25, so we've booked with Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas. I feel in love with this itinerary so i'm ok with trying a different line... again thank you for all the help :)

Have a great cruise!!!:) It's ok to try another line as long as you come back to Carnival ;)

Yes, teaching can be exhausting - but it's the most rewarding career there is (IMHO) I grew up in a family of teachers and was only a semester away from being one myself before I changed my major at the last minute. I still hope to be lucky enough to be a teacher one day(once I save up enough money from my current job) LOL! :rolleyes:

Archived