Leaving the Sun at Lisbon .

room with a view

Our details show that the Sun arrives back into Lisbon at 7.00am ...can previous passengers give me some indication to the time passengers will be allowed off?

Our flight leaves at 13.15  allowing for a 3 hour check in/security ...how long is the journey from the port to airport ?

Are there two terminals in Lisbon. ?   We are probably going to use Welcome Pickups  (used them for transfers on our Jade Greek Islands cruise )

thanks for any information /advice.

Just disembarked in Lisbon last week. You will have plenty of time I think, even with a slight delay in docking I was off the ship before 9:00, but most had gotten off before then. You may want to see if NCL is offering an airport transfer (they did last week), I was going to a hotel and it took a while (20-30 min) to get a taxi, so I think the organized bus transfer would work best for the airport if you didn't want to use the service you mentioned. It will be less than 30 min to the airport.

Lisbon airport was pretty easy to navigate FYI. The major, non-discount airlines are in Terminal 1. Neither security nor passport control were too busy, took me about an hour from drop off to check-in, go through both of those, and be at the gate.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:16 PM, Ozmodiar said:

I just looked at the Freestyle daily, and it was $37.50 a person for the airport transfer for flights after 12:00 - pre-arranging a pickup might be cheaper if that matters, but NCL will handle the luggage all the way to the airport.

Thanks ..our flight is early afternoon and allowing for check in /security  the NCL would be too late .

Just to be clear, when they say flights after 12:00, that doesn't mean NCL drops you at the airport at 12:00, they'll have you there a couple hours or more before that to account for check-in and so on. I think they are pretty conservative about allowing a lot of time after drop-off, which is why they don't offer transfers for flights before a certain departure time. I believe they called the luggage tag colors for the airport transfers around, if not before, 8 AM.

Yeah, it is expensive compared to a taxi - $37.50 a person that is a lot.

Mini-review just for you: I did like the ship - it was in good condition I thought, staff was very friendly and attentive, service was great, food was good at the main dining room, buffet and specialty. May have helped that the ship was about 2/3rds capacity, and it was a long cruise (18 day transatlantic with Canary Island, Azores, southern Spain, etc.) so I saw the same staff often and things were not crowded. Also a fairly mellow group of passengers. I really like the smaller ships, so the Sun was perfect. Enjoy!