GTY cabin assignment, Adventure of the Seas

JOHN 57

I am also waiting for a cabin assignment for my upcoming cruise.  It is my understanding that we may not find out until boarding day.

I am a bit concerned because I've been reading here on CC about people who were bumped or given a roll over offer because the ship oversold and the guarantee bookings could not all be fulfilled.  So I can't rest easy until I have a cabin assignment.

1 minute ago, Xtentions said:

I sailed on Adventure last December in a GTY and did not get my assignment until 3 days before sailing.  Granted we booked that 8 days before sail date.

thank you Xtentions, hope we do not have to wait long.

When you have  checked-in you can view your set sail pass and use the "bar code trick”,

Either add the pass to your apple wallet (if an iPhone user) or scan it with a bar code reader. You will see a string of numbers under the bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your stateroom number. Once we had that we were able to see category and moved to a more convenient location within designated category. Having said that, when booking a guarantee you have to be willing to accept anywhere.

Your official assignment can be any time and I've read that it can be as late as just before you sail.

Edited by c-leg5