Booked and paid in full, now months later I have a $63.79 balance due with no explanation......

rtrtx2

Booked & Pd in full Oct 8th with confirmation booking detail receipt. Now showing balance due of $63.72, which i can determine is a almost $60 increase in the base fare then travel insurance increase. NO CLUE WHY. I am currently on hold trying to reach customer service, had managed to get through and speak with someone who was zero help as they just read off the new onvoice numbers but no explanation as to why price suddenly increase after i already paid in full. And the website shows that balance was due Oct 8th, before yesterday it showed paid in full as well. i asked to speak to someone else, put on hold and then disconnected. So back to the start ............any clues???? The only change was they added my shareholder's onboard credit for the sailing......

Go in the Personalizer and pull up your travel summary to compare the one you printed off when you paid in full.  Compare the two to see where the additional funds have been added in.

did you prepay specialty dining, excursions or spa?

no, the base fare increased. However second call Navigator was awesome, they added my shareholder onboard credit yesterday and accidentally removed a "marker" which caused the price increase in the fare. She was able to fix and I am now back to paid in full and ready to cruise my first time with Princess.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, rtrtx2 said:

no, the base fare increased. However second call Navigator was awesome, they added my shareholder onboard credit yesterday and accidentally removed a "marker" which caused the price increase in the fare. She was able to fix and I am now back to paid in full and ready to cruise my first time with Princess.

3 hours ago, rtrtx2 said:

I am happy to report after a very patient wait on hold, all has been resolved and cruise is back to paid in full and ready to sail!

I am glad this worked out for you.  When I saw the post title, I was looking to see if you booked with a TA, but appears not.

In the interest of others who might end up with this glitch, it happened to me.  We were paid in full as well and all of a sudden, I received an email and invoice from Princess that I owed a few dollars on one cruise and more on another. 

After calling and looking into the numbers, I could pretty much figure out what was going on. 

When you book through a TA that gives a cruise fare discount, Princess still expects the full invoice to be paid.  Let's say the cruise invoice is $1,000 if you had booked directly.  But your TA is selling to you for $900.  Your credit card is billed $900 through the TA, but should appear as Princess Cruises on your credit card bill (never pay the Agency - only PCL).  Unseen to you, the Agency has to make up the other $100 either in a direct payment or from their commission credits.  

If something goes off-kilter in the System, some of those Agency credits may "come undone" - similar to what you mentioned.  In my case, once I realized the situation, I got the TA involved and it got sorted out.  Now that I think back, I had made an inquiry about an OBC amount that had suddenly decreased and someone at Princess corrected that after I made inquiry.  It could be that change triggered the payment issue. 

Something else to be on the watch for as the Princess systems can certainly cause guest issues when technical bugs and glitches strike.