sirrius Radio on Board

Good morning CC'ers. Has anyone brought their Sirrius Radio on board. I assume since it is Satellite that it will work anywhere. Am I correct?

Before the flames.....I would use headphones out of the room.

Thanks for you comments:D

Yes I have and it works just fine. We sailed last Summer on the Carnival Glory to the western Carib. I had some trouble with a signal from our balcony at times but never a problem when up on deck. I have the sportster model and use D batteries, it eats them up, so plug in when you can. I always used my head phones.

Smooth sailing

My father used his Sirius pod on Enchantment last week - great up on the deck, but not so great in the cabin - same as Green.

thanks for the answers. I hope being in a aft Js on Deck 8 will help on the balcony!! thanks again!!:D

Any one use XM, I just bought an XM2Go rig and wanted to use it on an Eastern itinerary. Glad to hear that Sirius works, figure that means XM will as well. I know my XM Roady2 gets better general reception on the Eastern Seaboard than the Sirius rig installed from the factory in my Jeep. Thanks in advance.

Used my XM radio last June on our 9 day Voysger of the Seas. Had great reception the way down, no reception on the way back. We had a hump room, I think when the ship was traveling north we lost the signal. I would have imagined it would have worked perfectly on the top deck but I didn't try it there.

Used my XM radio last June on our 9 day Voysger of the Seas. Had great reception the way down, no reception on the way back. We had a hump room, I think when the ship was traveling north we lost the signal. I would have imagined it would have worked perfectly on the top deck but I didn't try it there.

Thanks for the info. That's sort of what I expected, but it's nice to get good information from someone who knows for sure.

I used my Sirius Sportster on our last two cruises out of Galveston.It worked about 80% of the time.I had the radio in our cabin and ran the antenna out on to the rail of the balcony,Used a piece of Velcro on the bottom.The times it didn't work I used my mp3 player which plugs into the top of the boombox.It was nice to have music when we got ready for dinner and when our friends came by for cocktails.I put the weather channel for Boston on a couple of times so they could hear what they were missing!

Archived