Wonderful tour guide in Perú

PhD-iva

I am just back from a wonderful private tour in Peru. I was traveling on the Regent Mariner and I corresponded with the Regent guest lecture, Dr. James Kus, who gave wonderful lectures on board. He highly recommended someone he has known for many years, Ernesto Riedner. Based on Dr. Kus‘ recommendation I corresponded with Ernesto and he put together a wonderful itinerary for a three day private tour in Southern Peru. His prices were very reasonable, and I recommend him highly. He will customize a private or a group tour to focus on your interests and your needs. Below I include the thank you letter I wrote him.

Thank you for your kind attentions during my recent private tour to southern Peru. You prepared an interesting itinerary that followed my interests, and you were flexible when I expressed interest in exploring anything new. All along the way you provided commentary on the history, background and culture of Peru and also a window into the current challenges of your country. You selected a wonderful resort hotel for my stay in Paracas, the DoubleTree Resort. The room was more like a furnished apartment than a hotel room. The restaurant was excellent and I appreciated the included breakfast.  

Together we explored Pachacamac on our way to my hotel in Paracas. The next morning we explored the Reserve Nacional de Paracas and then onto the statue that commemorates San Martin, one of Peru’s liberators. I especially enjoyed our drives from one location to another as I was able to see southern Peru from the Pan American highway, among other roads as well. We explored Ica together and went to Lake Huacachina, a sunken oasis in the desert. It is surrounded by incredibly steep sand dunes, which were quite scary, but many people could be seen climbing the dunes and riding dune buggies. I’m not sure how they didn’t tumble off the steep dunes! We went to a wine tasting in El Valle de Ica– the wine we knew would be terrible, but what a terrific Afro Caribbean dance performance at El Catador! I made some videos of the incredible energy of the dancers. We covered a lot of ground on our second day.  

Early the next day I went on a boat ride in Paracas Bay to view the Candelabra, similar to the Nazca lines, and had a wonderful view into the fauna and sea life of Peru. We saw dolphins, sea lions, penguins, pelicans, cormorants, and later we saw flamingos. You were flexible when I changed my mind and wanted to fly over the Nazca lines. That took several hours and then it was time to return to my hotel in Lima. Due to heavy traffic it was a slow ride to Lima, but that’s the real Peruvian experience! I’m only sorry that we didn’t get to spend more time exploring Lima together. I shall have to return to spend some time with you in Peru’s capital city. 

Again I want to thank you for making my 3 days in Peru a very memorable experience. It can be a little difficult to travel alone and I always felt safe when I was with you!  

Your friend forever, Robin 

Edited by PhD-iva
Typo