For Diamond (free) dinner over NYE holiday, which restaurant would you choose on Virtuosa?

Stockjock

Recently, we did the Trilogy 3 speciality dining package on Grandiosa, and we tried Butcher's Cut, Hola Tapas (it's Hola Tacos on some ships) and whatever you call the French Bistro (L' Atelier, I think).  We thought the food was great at Butcher's Cut, although the presentation could have been better and the service more polished, Hola was okay, and the French Bistro was above average, although we paid $17.50 each extra for the lobster.

The restaurants are similar on Virtuosa, but with slight differences. This time, we didn't buy the dinner package, in part because the price increased from $71 person to $125 per person, although I could change my mind on that.  But as to the free dinner, I'm considering Butcher's Cut, which as mentioned, I've tried on Grandiosa, and Indochine, which wasn't available on Grandiosa.

Leaning towards Butcher's Cut, but Indochine also looks interesting.  Which would you choose?

Edited by Stockjock

Indochine is my favourite specialty restaurant on MSC, though have only eaten there once and was probably drunk.  I'm even considering booking a short cruise on Virtuosa and putting up with the moaning Brits/Germans and bad weather to go back to Indochine.

Otherwise I always look forward to Butchers Cut, and have never been disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Indochine is my favourite specialty restaurant on MSC, though have only eaten there once and was probably drunk.  I'm even considering booking a short cruise on Virtuosa and putting up with the moaning Brits/Germans and bad weather to go back to Indochine.

Otherwise I always look forward to Butchers Cut, and have never been disappointed.

well, as a non-moaning Brit, I'd join you! Can't do anthing about the weather though. We intend to get theTrilogy package on Virtuosa in March. It includes the Butcher's Cut, Indochine and Sushi place.

4 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

well, as a non-moaning Brit, I'd join you! Can't do anthing about the weather though. We intend to get theTrilogy package on Virtuosa in March. It includes the Butcher's Cut, Indochine and Sushi place.

What price are they offering you for Trilogy?  As mentioned, on my last person it was $142 USD for 2.  On my upcoming winter holiday cruise, it's $250 for 2.  Doesn't necessarily break the bank, but it is quite a price jump.

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

What price are they offering you for Trilogy?  As mentioned, on my last person it was $142 USD for 2.  On my upcoming winter holiday cruise, it's $250 for 2.  Doesn't necessarily break the bank, but it is quite a price jump.

It's UK £91pp for 3 meals (or £96 including a show and a cocktail). I've nothing to compare against within MSC but seems ok to me compared with other lines. We paid $40 pp on QE for the Verandah and weren't that impressed. 

Edited by elmsliebev