Recommending sail boat charter/Catania Yacht Charters

FlaMariner

Just returned from two great weeks cruising the Caribbean on the Holland America Line Nieuw Statendam. 

In St Thomas.....

thought I would "pay it back" to cruise critic and pass along the great experience we had with Catania Yacht Charters.   I did find him from this board. 

There were 6 of us (ages 26 to 81) and Capt Ocean Petersen hosted us on his wooden sailboat.  Fantastic sail from Red Hook to St John.  Learned lots from the Capt about the area...geography, pirates, Epstein (ugh), St John's, wooden sailboats, pirates, etc..  Also, the drinks flowed (great Pain Killer cocktail) with a variety.  He had all the snorkel stuff and took us to an isolated St John's beach.  Plenty of room for the six of us and I got lots of "way to go Dad/son/husband"for this excursion.  

We did the half day tour and it came with a great price and fun adventure.  Just right for us. Great captain. 

Reach out to him at www.cataniacharters.com

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 12:46 PM, fitters said:

Thanks for the review, did you do a half day or full day tour?  I've sent them a message for more information.

We did the half day.  Plenty of time for us to swim and hang out on the sailboat.

On 12/23/2022 at 6:07 PM, mizLORInj said:

Do you recall what the taxi cost was to Red Hook. . . assuming you were docked at Havensight and not Crown Bay? 

Guessing.....maybe like $15 a person?  It was all per person.  The taxi super directs you to the next taxi heading where you are going and it was one of those open air pick up trucks.

Yes, Havensight to the American Yacht Club dock in Red Hook.