Are you currently on the Emerald Princess ?

jinpasco

We are traveling for 2 weeks on the Emerald Princess and have a few questions for those on it recently or currently. 

Does the International Cafe have salads available ? Just off Caribbean Princess and surprised to see only sandwiches  ( tuna, egg salad,and cheese) and desserts . Cutbacks I guess.

Is the coffee in the buffet the syrup kind ?  We are staying with Princess standard with the new price increases and thinking of getting the coffee card.

Any other changes both good or bad we should be aware of. Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

We are traveling for 2 weeks on the Emerald Princess and have a few questions for those on it recently or currently. 

Does the International Cafe have salads available ? Just off Caribbean Princess and surprised to see only sandwiches  ( tuna, egg salad,and cheese) and desserts . Cutbacks I guess.

Is the coffee in the buffet the syrup kind ?  We are staying with Princess standard with the new price increases and thinking of getting the coffee card.

Any other changes both good or bad we should be aware of. Thanks in advance.

Just off Emerald the day before yesterday.  Did not see any salads in the international cafe. We did see sandwiches . pastries, and gelato. Our cruise had only 1450 passengers on board. Service was excellent. Food was very good. I would bring a bar of soap . We did not like the liquid soap furnished by princess but this is a very minor thing. The ship has been refurbished and looked very nice inside. Also there were no signs of covid on board. Have a nice trip.  

We disembarked the Emerald TA on November 23. They had salads in the IC for the first week, then they disappeared. I don’t know if it was cutbacks as much as fine tuning to what was moving and not. Maybe they were not popular? They were really good! Beet salads, etc. The Buffet was fantastic for salads too though. 
Service throughout the ship was wonderful. Food was good.

The coffee the first few days was so watery it was like dishwater in the MDR. Possibly a bit better in the buffet. They left comment cards in our rooms around day 4 and we commented on the coffee and it seemed to improve. They were very proactive and left comment cards twice during our voyage. We did get coffee cards and as had been our experience on other ships, they often don’t “deduct” your coffee drinks, so it is virtually unlimited. Our cruise was 16 days and I asked on day 10 how many I had left and they said 11 drinks! What?! Lol. Especially when it is the same barista daily, I think they don’t really check, but just see you have some type of package. 
Re: the soap, we don’t like the liquid so our steward did bring us bars. I forgot to bring my own shampoo and conditioner (ugh!) and used their combo stuff which is awful. Never again. 

41 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

We disembarked the Emerald TA on November 23. They had salads in the IC for the first week, then they disappeared. I don’t know if it was cutbacks as much as fine tuning to what was moving and not. Maybe they were not popular? They were really good! Beet salads, etc. The Buffet was fantastic for salads too though. 
Service throughout the ship was wonderful. Food was good.

The coffee the first few days was so watery it was like dish water in the MDR. Possibly a bit better in the buffet. They left comment cards in our rooms around day 4 and we commented on the coffee and it seemed to improve. They were very proactive and left comment cards twice during our voyage. We did get coffee cards and as had been our experience on other ships, they often don’t “deduct” your coffee drinks, so it is virtually unlimited. Our cruise was 16 days and I asked on day 10 how many I had left and they said 11 drinks! What?! Lol. Especially when it is the same barista daily, I think they don’t really check, but just see you have some type of package. 
Re: the soap, we don’t like the liquid so our steward did bring us bars. I forgot to bring my own shampoo and conditioner (ugh!) and used their combo stuff which is awful. Never again. 

We bring our own bar soap too just in case they say no soap available.. Also not a fan of the liquids.

The coffee recently  ( Nov 23) on the Caribbean Princess at the buffet was punishment . They still have the syrup and when you pulled the lever mostly syrup and very little water mixed. By day 3 they shut down all the spigots ( I think it's what to call them). They still have the old barroom looking spigots that are supposed to dole out coffee and hot water. Coffees more like Mrs Butterworth syrup and water in our shower was hotter than the tea water there. Must have been an issue as they covered them up. I don't mind going to the cafe and wondered for our 14 days of I should buy the card ? I don't do fancy, plain brewed is fine so may have to just do a little math.

Thank you for your imput.