Help Jimmy and family with their Anchorage/ Seward/ NCL cruise!

boomie

Ok. First and foremost, everyone in this board is simply awesome! Thank you for your feedback. I’ve posted a few times but think I’ll use this one thread for all my questions and bump up as I have a new one.

1 - Bag drop off or storage on day of embarkation - Seward

What’s the earliest time I can drop my luggage off at Seward cruise terminal? We are sailing NCL Spirt in Aug 2023 with an 8pm embarkation, but we want to do Exit Glacier and the Sealife on the same day. We are likely staying at an Airbnb with 11am checkout.

2 - Is there daily coaches that run between Anchorage and Seward?

I found one company called Alaska Cruise Transfer that run shuttle service on Monday and Wednesday only. We’re trying to see if we can get to Anchorage by Sunday. 

that’s it for now.

1 hour ago, boomie said:

2 - Is there daily coaches that run between Anchorage and Seward?

I found one company called Alaska Cruise Transfer that run shuttle service on Monday and Wednesday only. We’re trying to see if we can get to Anchorage by Sunday.

Yes. Regular line service has been provided for many years with a service known as "Park Connection." This service, brokered by Alaska Tour & Travel and operated by Premier Alaska Tours, operates twice daily in the summer. Alaska Cruise Transportation is the leading independent operator of motorcoach services between Anchorage and the ports in Whittier and Seward on the days vessels are in port. The company has sought to expand its service to include regular line service between Anchorage and Seward, on a daily basis, but i am not certain how that is working out for the company. Finally, there is Seward Bus Line, which operates year-round, though its reviews have been less the stellar for its quality of service. In addition, Alaska Railroad operates a daily train service connecting Anchorage with Seward, with an additional (second) train on days vessels are in port.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 12:50 AM, Northern Aurora said:

Regarding luggage drop off at the Seward cruise terminal (think warehouse) we have dropped off luggage at 11 AM with no issues.  And we also sailed at 8 PM but on a different cruise line.

What did you do after luggage drop off?

Remember -- we live in Alaska and Seward is a place that Alaskans go for recreation.  Even though we live in Fairbanks we have been there more times than I can count.  When in Seward we always do a day excursion in Kenai Fjords National Park; our preferred vendor is Major Marine.  The SeaLife center is interesting.  And of course we drive out to Exit Glacier.  While we have never done this the Seavey family (think Iditarod dog mushers) have an excursion that many folks seem to find very interesting.