What ship is Paul Wright currently on?

Jeanne S

Am hoping Princess assigns him to the new Crown Princess as I am sailing on it this fall out of Brooklyn (probably the only person on this site happy to be sailing out of there). The last I heard he was on the Coral Princess.

Jeanne,

The Princess board suggests he is currently on the Sapphire Princess - one of their newest poshest boats - isn't it dreadful the way Princess treat Cunard captains!;) Funnilly enough, the Princess board people are complimentary about a Captain from another line.....no prejudice there then.....see here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=296354

Peter

Jeanne,

The Princess board suggests he is currently on the Sapphire Princess - one of their newest poshest boats - isn't it dreadful the way Princess treat Cunard captains!;) Funnilly enough, the Princess board people are complimentary about a Captain from another line.....no prejudice there then.....see here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=296354

Peter

Thanks Peter - Agree totally and loved your review - wish I had sailed on that crossing. Have to go to a conference but will post tomorrow about the SI Ferry and RED HOOK and your review. Thanks again for another great essay on life at sea.

Jeannie

Peter:

Do you remember the name of the SI Ferry boat? I ask as there are three different classes of ferries currentely in operation. The JFK class from the 1960's is the nicest - real wood seats, open air decks. The Barbari Class from the late 1980's are horrible - tacky plastic everywhere and no open decks. The latest (2005 - only one so far ) class is the Molinari Class which are quite nice and has an extra smalll Hurricane Deck that I really like. I take the ferry home from work approx 3 days a week.

The Brooklyn Terminal looks nothing like its web site yet (and may never). Supposedely this neighborhood is becoming "gentrified" and will soon be like other desirable places in Brooklyn such as Park Slope and Cobble Hill (Ever see Moon Struck with Cher - that's Cobble Hill), but other than a fantastic french seafood restaurant La Boulibaise.

Mr. Grumpy, et al will nut be amused with this new port.

Jeannie

Archived