Why is it asking for Visa Info @ Check-in?

We are Canadians with Canadian passports. I checked in for our upcoming cruise on the 24th this morning, and there's a section asking for U.S  VISA information....we are only visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios in and out of the U.S. Is this a common question asked of all guests upon check-in? I know there are many Canadians with work VISAS and many countries require it for entry, but making sure I'm not missing anything here. 

There are some circumstances where a visa may be needed (ex: may depend on the type of passport you have, how long you plan to stay in each country, etc). I would check each country's visa requirements, including the U.S., and double check with your consulate/embassy to see what would be necessary.

I'm obviously not familiar with the Canadian requirements, but to give an example based on my experience, most countries don't require a visa for US citizens unless the stay is over 30 days (or some other specified period of time), but the passport has to usually be valid for at least 6 months after the dates of travel. If the Canadian citizen requirements are similar, then it's likely you don't need visas.