Be honest...how many of you use your tax refund to book or pay for a cruise???

We all know that it's tax time, lots of us start checking the mailbox for those ugly little yellow envelopes that contain that once-a-year gift...the tax return is here. Yipeeeee!!

I know we all have a doc dance, but how many of us have a tax return dance?? I do, and I may be doing it today, or tomorrow at the latest depending on the mail!!

So admit it, how many of us use our tax refund to support our cruise habit???:eek:

We all know that it's tax time, lots of us start checking the mailbox for those ugly little yellow envelopes that contain that once-a-year gift...the tax return is here. Yipeeeee!!

My first cruise deposit came from a tax refund. But A tax return is definitely not a gift. That is my hard earned money that the government used all year interest free. I try to adjust my exemptions so that I get as a small a refund as possible. Why give Uncle Sam my money to use for free all year?

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

We definitely do! We used to have to pay every April as well, until we adjusted our deductions. It was agony to save all year only to have to send our "savings" in to the government. I don't care if they keep a huge chunk of change as long as I get some of it back!

I'm in Honey's Gal's catagory. They always want more more money, no matter how much we keep uping it.:(

1 Deduction is almost a guarenteed refund.

Lucky for me I have a huge mortgage with Huge interest and 2 kids. I take 10 Fed deductions and still get a little chunk back.

YAY Spending money ! !!

Thank you Uncle Sam... Yes, we used our tax return for payment on the cruise. We'll have a drink on Uncle Sam.

When I was doing my taxes this year, I went over every deduction to see if there was a way to come up with another 500.00 for the cruise... oh well.

Dona

What tax refund, DINK, more or less, dual income, no kids since I can't claim anything on my kids in spite of significant child support, pay their insurance (car and medical), and the ex gets over 1/3 of my pension. Sucks to be divorced in the military, doesn't it? So, what income tax refund? Good time to talk about the Fair Tax in my opinion.

Hi:

Last time we received a refund was many years ago when our kids were at home. Now we pay every year. For what we have to pay this year, we could book and pay in full for a very nice cruise. I keep trying to deduct my dogs and grandkids, but no luck every year. I wish I could get excited about a tax refund; but some of us have to pay so others can get money back....

Sparkle 10

What little yellow envelopes? Filed electronically a month ago and got my measly little refund within 11 days direct deposited. If you are getting a refund you are just letting the government use YOUR money interest free. Sorry but I rather have that money working for me. We work it so we get maybe a couple hundred dollars for a refund. I still think that is TOOO MUCH.

What little yellow envelopes? Filed electronically a month ago and got my measly little refund within 11 days direct deposited. If you are getting a refund you are just letting the government use YOUR money interest free. Sorry but I rather have that money working for me. We work it so we get maybe a couple hundred dollars for a refund. I still think that is TOOO MUCH.

Not me, I love tax refunds-it's like I know someone owes me money, and that I will get it every year around March-that's like a built-in savings account that pays out every year, then I can feel no guilt about blowing it on something fun like a cruise-I love it!!!

And I don't trust the IRS enough to efile or do a direct deposit refund-I stick to old fashioned paper and pen, and a nice tangible check to take to the bank-guess I'm an ol' fashioned gal....

I LOVE MARCH!!

I always laugh at the people on tv who wait to file until April 15-my refund is long gone by then, and has been spent for over a month by that time-I probably already cruised on it by then....:D

Archived