Be honest...how many of you use your tax refund to book or pay for a cruise???

Yeap, every year same thing, as soon as i get my tax return, i pay 1 year of auto insurance, car registrations, put money back in my christmas fund, do 1 home improvement (well this year it is 2, a new deck and granite counter tops) pay off mis. bills and Pay for our cruise. My daughters are grown now and also use their tax return for the yearly family cruise...... 07/23/06 on the Valor

Can't wait til next years tax return either.

A MESSAGE FROM THE IRS:

Firstly we would like to thank all involved here for coming forward. As you are probably aware, use of United States income tax return funds for expenditure in foreign nations is strictly prohibited. In keeping with our National Policies, we would ask that any and all cruise ship tickets be transferred to our collection agency - Above Sea Level Cruiser. We appreciate your prompt attention in this matter. Oh!!!! and, I've never been to St. Marteen:D

Hey, when you've got 3 teens, how else can you "save" for a vacation throughout the year?? Yes, we let uncle sam do the saving for us, that way we don't miss the money that would just get spent at Walmart. Also with interest rates so low, are we really missing out on that much extra?? Love that refund!!:D :D

Okay you guys. I'm a financial consultant and have to remind you that this isn't free money Uncle Sam is giving you. It's money you "lent" to him during the year, tax free, that he is now paying back because........you had too much withheld from your paycheck. Wouldn't you be better off getting that money in your paycheck, investing it - even if only for 4% in a money fund? or - using it monthly to pay off debt. I know, I know. I hear it all the time..........if I don't have it, I won't spend it. But the reality is, a lot of people run up credit card debt during the year because they are having too much money withheld from paychecks each month and think when they get a big refund that it's "free" money to use for treats versus paying off debt.

Are you going to yell at me for being a "spoiled sport"?:(

My DH and I use our refund every year to take a vacation. Our first cruise is on March 18th, on the Voyager. We are so excited, as are our 2 children, DD 17 and DS 14. It kills me how much we pay every week in taxes but come tax time we are thrilled about it!!

Denise

No refund :( ... I hate paying all year then writing a check in April, but we never know what bonuses are going to be in December so it's hard to gauge it right. Tax returns are very stressful....I think I need a vacation to lift my spirits!

Archived