Which deck for corner aft cabins on Royal Princess?

coco2/27

Are there any special features in these corner aft suites that make one deck preferable over another?  

Deck 14 Riviera is closer to the concierge lounge, which may be handy.  I’m not sure which decks have overhangs for shade options?

Are there any other details that are helpful in deciding which deck?   We’ve never sailed in a corner aft suite, so any advice is much appreciated!!!   🙏

Here is a video that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHNvLcEgyS4

I am also seeing a video of Aloha 735, and it does not really look covered.

Here is D726.   Super large balcony, but partially covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqWz4pB6Y_4

Here is R731

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlQwoqhTrg

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

Thank you!  Yes, that is helpful.  D726 is on the Discovery, so I don't know that the cabin is as comparable to the Royal.  I'm still thinking that the Concierge and laundry closer proximity on Riviera may be nice, and a draw for us...

Thank you again for responding and sharing!!!

Hope this helped...

Maybe some experience suite cruisers can help more.

All of these Royal Class are sister ships.  But I don't know if these Aft sections might be different on the Discovery than the earlier ships.

Looking at deck plans, these Aft cabins and suites look the same on these class of ships. So I think you can go by photos and videos of either of them.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

And, looking at the back the ship, from that angle in the video, Dolphin and Baha seem to have the deeper/larger balcony area, and the most cover.  On the other decks, you can see the sliding glass doors just a few feet in from the glass railing.

Just for me, that might weigh in more than being on the same deck as the suite concierge lounge?  I am one who really wants some cover!  Baja is just a couple floors below the lounge on Riviera.

Dolphin and Baja are the only aft Penthouse Suites with a balcony overhang. Dolphin has the biggest overall balcony size, with Caribe and Aloha having the narrowest balconies. Attached, is a profile picture of the Regal Princess (sister ship to Royal) taken from our aft Baja suite balcony on the Enchanted Princess. Decks in order from the bottom up: Emerald, Dolphin, Caribe, Baja, Aloha, Riviera, Marina. 

IMG_2004.JPG

• Like 1