Costa Maya cannot handle 4 ships

jxtgreek

We stayed on the Pride on our day there in early December.

As an avid snorkler, I have to say if your medical issues have reduced your strength much, you might want to skip it this trip and work back into some decent shape before trying to snorkel again.

I had a stroke a few years ago and tried to snorkle on the cruise before I had tried to get back in shape and got caught in the tide and started getting pulled out and BARELY was able to make my way back to shore. Scared the heck out of me.

Costa Maya isn't the greatest snorkeling port anyway.

Roatan, Belize and even Cozumel, usually on the same western caribbean cruise are MUCH better snokeling spots.

And if you go to Grand Cayman on your Western Itinerary, do the Stingray City where you stand in water waist to chest high and interact with wild stingrays without much effort. (just getting in and out of the boat)

Also in Costa Maya, make sure you realize just how long that pier is and the trolley cart they have apparently hasn't been running much, if at all, since the restart of cruising. (It wasn't on our day in December)

Hope your health improves so you can get back to the activities you enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the last moment Norwegian Breakaway changed the times on Costa Maya from 11AM to 7 PM to 6AM to noon. This ruined all our plans because the sun rise was at 7:20 AM and most places did not even open till after 9AM. Most people had to cancel their planned shore excursions. We had 4 ships in port with the worlds largest, Wonder of the Seas and there were so many people we did not even bother to go ashore. A very disappointing day.

23 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

At the last moment Norwegian Breakaway changed the times on Costa Maya from 11AM to 7 PM to 6AM to noon. This ruined all our plans because the sun rise was at 7:20 AM and most places did not even open till after 9AM. Most people had to cancel their planned shore excursions. We had 4 ships in port with the worlds largest, Wonder of the Seas and there were so many people we did not even bother to go ashore. A very disappointing day.

You get a chance to do a quick hop to Fernandos?