Help me choose: Magic 4J or aft OV?

iheartmarshall

DH and I are wanting to book the Magic out of Norfolk this summer and at this point, my cabin options are fairly slim.  We're down to either a 4J or one of the aft OV cabins at the very back of the ship (like, very back -- 2472, 2474, etc.).

I've stayed in a 4J before on the Vista and loved it, although for longer cruises I do enjoy the extra catch-all space a couch provides.  I'm intrigued by the OV options  but have heard that the vibration back there can be a bit much.  If you had to choose, what would you pick?  

I like the front of the ship. I like being close to the "secret deck." I'll be doing a live review in a Magic 4J cabin in about 8 weeks. I'm not the best person to talk about the back of the ship. I only stayed back there once. It was 7-8 years ago on either Elation or Triumph (now Sunrise). There was a lot of vibration. I didn't like it. And I haven't been back there since.

I would go with the 4J forward.  We avoid the back of the ship at all costs.  There is always more vibration in the rear of the ship... some shutter all the way to the top decks so bad you can watch your beverage vibrating in ripples.