Al Fresco dining Discovery

iamaqt2

HI all,

Gonna be boarding Discovery on the 28th for a Mexican Riviera 10 night cruise.  We have a 2 day Overnight in Cabo, and are choosing to stay onboard as we've been and nothing appeals.   Gonna do the Sanctuary by day, but are torn on how to do dinner.  I'd like to try the Al Fresco dining option Bistro Sur la Mer offers,  but we also have one of the amazing forward obstructed balcony cabins with the huge balcony on Lido deck and are also considering the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.  
How would you choose to dine Al Fresco?

I wonder if you're above us? We have one of the mega balconies on the Marina deck;). As to al fresco- I've been on the Discovery 3 times since her maiden voyage and the outside dining has never been open. Maybe I'm missing something this time around?

It's getting soooo close and we are so excited!

7 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

I wonder if you're above us? We have one of the mega balconies on the Marina deck;). As to al fresco- I've been on the Discovery 3 times since her maiden voyage and the outside dining has never been open. Maybe I'm missing something this time around?

It's getting soooo close and we are so excited!

Yep, we're right above you!!  I've heard BSLM doesn't do the Al Fresco while sailing because of the wind, but maybe they do it while anchored?  I can see this being the only time they would.

And yes, it's super close!!  Soooo excited!

We have been in those cabins on the Lido deck and if weather is nice you might consider this option:

Ultimate Balcony Dinner For Two$100.00

A sumptuous four-course meal, including succulent lobster tail and juicy steak, beverage of choice, hors d'oeuvres, all served right on the balcony by our dedicated waitstaff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

HI all,

Gonna be boarding Discovery on the 28th for a Mexican Riviera 10 night cruise.  We have a 2 day Overnight in Cabo, and are choosing to stay onboard as we've been and nothing appeals.   Gonna do the Sanctuary by day, but are torn on how to do dinner.  I'd like to try the Al Fresco dining option Bistro Sur la Mer offers,  but we also have one of the amazing forward obstructed balcony cabins with the huge balcony on Lido deck and are also considering the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.  
How would you choose to dine Al Fresco?

We just did it on the Crown, while in port in Moorea, French Polynesia.

Wonderful!  Book it now on your cruise personalizer.  Great food and service was  fabulous with 3 waiters.  They take care of everything!

So worth it!

• Like 1

I agree on the Ultimate Balcony dinner when in Cabo.  Especially when it is in port.  We were on the Marina deck with the huge balcony and it was really nice.   We did UBD as well as Bistro Sur La Mer.  Liked UBD way more than the Bistro.  It's more romantic, personalized service, and you will remember it more than the specialty restaurant.  IMHO