NOORDAM washer and dryer???

mtlcruiser10

We're sailing on the Oosterdam in April. I'm trying to talk my wife into packing a little lighter than she did on our last cruise, but she tells me that she may need as many as three different outfits for each day or our seven day cruise.

I've heard about the laundry bag in the closet and that you can stuff as much in it and have it all cleaned for a fixed rate. I just don't remember the details. Can someone refresh my memory, please?

I seem to remember that it was something in the range of $10-12. My wife says that is too expensive. I think that, for a vacation, its cheap. If I could, I would travel with nothing but a credit card and my passport. I'd buy everything I needed and leave it when I came home. I absolutely HATE schlepping luggage through airports.

Thanks,

Paul Noble

I'm trying to talk my wife into packing a little lighter than she did on our last cruise, but she tells me that she may need as many as three different outfits for each day or our seven day cruise.

I totally understand where she's coming from. But some outfits can be worn again. Shorts & T's are mix & match.

If I could, I would travel with nothing but a credit card and my passport. I'd buy everything I needed and leave it when I came home. I absolutely HATE schlepping luggage through airports.[/quote]

Not fond of hauling the luggage either. We can normally do a week with 2 large duffel-type bags + the 2 carry-ons. For a cruise we add the hang-up bag for the formalwear. For Noordam's 10-day we had to add another bag. I forgot to pack John's shaving gel, which I had in a small travel size can. Onboard a regular size can of shaving cream cost $5!!!!! Also, I ran out of cotton swabs about half-way thru - a pack of 72 set me back $3.

Figuring out quantities for the 10-dayer was tough, actually we were away from home 12 days - that was the least enjoyable aspects of the trip. Good luck to you!

Archived