Princess Cays

Murray's Pop

We too have cabana rented for an upcoming trip in a week. We have rented cabanas in the past (pre COVID and medallion thingy) had the gourmet lunch which was great and looking forward to it again.  So back in the day when you got to your cabin on the first day there was a form asking if you want it. I cannot remember if you left it for your cabin steward or took it to the excursion desk. I just remember the form and it did cost extra. So I am also wondering how it is done now, could it be by using the medallion app?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KYBOB said:

We too have cabana rented for an upcoming trip in a week. We have rented cabanas in the past (pre COVID and medallion thingy) had the gourmet lunch which was great and looking forward to it again.  So back in the day when you got to your cabin on the first day there was a form asking if you want it. I cannot remember if you left it for your cabin steward or took it to the excursion desk. I just remember the form and it did cost extra. So I am also wondering how it is done now, could it be by using the medallion app?

Thanks.  We are not sailing until February so would appreciate if you could let us know the process.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned and had a great time. Our cabana this time was the number 2 cabana (Guinep) one of the first ones you come to. Was nice but our favorite one is the number 10 (Sea Grape). I do not know how they are assigned but if you can request that one. One thing we noticed was the service this time was remarkably much better than the other 4 other times we have rented one. There were a lot of changes for the better. But first to answer the original question. When you get on board there will be your priority tender tickets and a letter of the front asks how many in your party on the back if you want the lunch and how many. You have to turn that evening to a drop box at the shore excursion desk. 

Now what are the changes; there is a shuttle service to take you to and from the cabana area, you can even go to the shops look around then they take you back, we had not just one person but 2 people assigned to our Cabana for service, two floats, bottled water, they also brought 3 different alcoholic drinks to sample at different times thought the day. Plus continually checked on us to see if we needed anything. The lunch as usual was amazing and we were stuffed by the end. First was a plate of fruit, olives, and Italian meats, then the amazing lobster salad, (this was different than before) they asked what we wanted from the lunch buffet line and brought that, then a cheese plate, another fruit plate and finally desert plate. By the last 3 plates we were stuffed and sad to say we only nibbled at the rest until time to leave. We stayed from around 9 am to 3. We should have walked back to the tender area instead of the ride but…

I will say when we left there was a long tender wait but since were there last have added a covered waiting area for the line with ice cold towels to use. Which is a nice touch. The line did move quickly.

All I can say is cannot wait until next time we go but that will be awhile we have the three AAA’s to do ; Alaska, Australia, Africa. 

I do have some photos to add but it will be awhile if have upload them to my Flickr account first.

• Like 3

• As soon as I get the photos uploaded I will show what ours looked like and no 10. But it is more shaded with trees. The cost is “$50 for the first couple  and 25$ for each additional guest”is how it is worded on the form. But you get the all the food off the buffet too as much as you want, you just do not have to stand in line for it. But if he likes standing in line…..but me to sit in an air conditioned cabana and have someone bring me food….but then I have been called lazy before with a capital L.

5 hours ago, KYBOB said:

Just returned and had a great time. Our cabana this time was the number 2 cabana (Guinep) one of the first ones you come to. Was nice but our favorite one is the number 10 (Sea Grape). I do not know how they are assigned but if you can request that one. One thing we noticed was the service this time was remarkably much better than the other 4 other times we have rented one. There were a lot of changes for the better. But first to answer the original question. When you get on board there will be your priority tender tickets and a letter of the front asks how many in your party on the back if you want the lunch and how many. You have to turn that evening to a drop box at the shore excursion desk. 

Now what are the changes; there is a shuttle service to take you to and from the cabana area, you can even go to the shops look around then they take you back, we had not just one person but 2 people assigned to our Cabana for service, two floats, bottled water, they also brought 3 different alcoholic drinks to sample at different times thought the day. Plus continually checked on us to see if we needed anything. The lunch as usual was amazing and we were stuffed by the end. First was a plate of fruit, olives, and Italian meats, then the amazing lobster salad, (this was different than before) they asked what we wanted from the lunch buffet line and brought that, then a cheese plate, another fruit plate and finally desert plate. By the last 3 plates we were stuffed and sad to say we only nibbled at the rest until time to leave. We stayed from around 9 am to 3. We should have walked back to the tender area instead of the ride but…

I will say when we left there was a long tender wait but since were there last have added a covered waiting area for the line with ice cold towels to use. Which is a nice touch. The line did move quickly.

All I can say is cannot wait until next time we go but that will be awhile we have the three AAA’s to do ; Alaska, Australia, Africa. 

I do have some photos to add but it will be awhile if have upload them to my Flickr account first.

Thanks for the info, really helps.  Based on everything we've seen #10 looks like the best choice.  Since we will be visiting Princess Cays twice on our cruise we have the cabana reserved for the 2nd visit.  That should give us time to hopefully be able to secure #10 when we board.

KYBOB-Thanks for the info.  I see we both need to get the picnic lunch for $50 but that's OK. I'm sure my husband will nibble on most of it.  Cabana #10 looks good we both like to be in the shade.  I will try to reserve that one at the shore excursion desk when we get on board. 

Here is what I have. I forgot to take one of the appetizer plate until I was half finished and also the plate that was from the BBQ buffet line. But did get one of the lobster salad, cheese, fruit and desert plates. 

4BEFBD5B-EA88-441F-A934-980887E3FAA1.jpeg

ED2D1A69-3F45-41FE-B786-32CB501C5D7B.jpeg

2CE2AA63-94A9-4E25-888B-A2E7F156242D.jpeg

8520D61A-1D7E-4451-9760-D82F4428DFF6.jpeg

E8EE1447-EA44-4E08-93A0-AB90E6F1D3AA.jpeg

• Like 1