This didn't start well - Encore

TominNC

40 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

ps.... you cheerleaders crack me up...

You h8ters crack me up as well. 

Perhaps in the future you can express your disagreement(s) without the use of the passive-aggressive demeaning labels.

7 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Since you recently cruised on the Encore, are long pants required in the Manhattan dining room for men?  They were not required on our Bliss or multiple Escape sailings nor at Hudson's on the Prima. We have two nights reserved at Onda and just wanted to know about the other five.

Can't say...I did not eat in the Manhattan dining room. In my experience, you get better service (and the same menu) by choosing Taste/Savor for your MDR dining.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Since you recently cruised on the Encore, are long pants required in the Manhattan dining room for men?  They were not required on our Bliss or multiple Escape sailings nor at Hudson's on the Prima. We have two nights reserved at Onda and just wanted to know about the other five.

When we ate at the Manhattan in September on the Joy, long pants were not required.  My husband had on a nice pair of shorts.

14 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

When we ate at the Manhattan in September on the Joy, long pants were not required.  My husband had on a nice pair of shorts.

Ate in Manhattan on Epic in Dec. and they made our 14 yr old who had on really nice golf shorts change.  As we set at the table some men came in dressed in jogging pants.  NCL needs to get their act together.  When we were waiting in line is when the hostess told we our son had to change his shorts.  Some of the other passengers questioned her saying he looked great.  Oh Well. But the Manhattan service was horribly slow. Never again will I go there

On 12/20/2022 at 10:04 AM, European_CruiseGirl said:

Looking at Amber cove port schedule for the upcoming days it is obvious that the same day Encore is supposed to be there (Dec 21) there is already Carnival Magic and Carnival Mardi Gras ships -> there was never any chance for NCL to dock there and NCL very well knew it in advance. 

The port schedule ( https://www.ambercove.com/Port-Schedule.aspx ) I checked only shows Carnival (+ HAL + Princess) ships. Does this mean if there is only one ship for that date, NCL has a chance to dock at Amber Cove?

6 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

The port schedule ( https://www.ambercove.com/Port-Schedule.aspx ) I checked only shows Carnival (+ HAL + Princess) ships. Does this mean if there is only one ship for that date, NCL has a chance to dock at Amber Cove?

If indeed on a specific day there is only one ship (or no ships at all) at Amber Cove NCL will be able to stop there. However two Carnival Corp ships showing at Amber Cove -> NCL large ships (read = anything else than NCL Sky) gets booted out from Puerto Plata because they won’t stop at Taino Bay and Amber Cove will be full. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 6:31 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Which main dining room? Only one requires fancy dress up gear. In the others I can be comfy and not have disgusted looks from fellow beautifully dressed passengers wondering how dare I, a knuckle dragging Neanderthal, was allowed in. 

Fancy?  Clean Jeans and a golf shirt is the highest level of dress up requested anywhere.

I don't know if there are any dressing "requirements" anymore in NCL dining choices.  2019 they wanted long pants and collared shirts in Cagney's, Ocean Blue and Manhattan.  Same in 2021 but on Joy last week I saw guys wearing nice shorts in all the waiting lines for these spots.  However I didn't stick around to see if the were let in or made to change.  

In all three cruises we still haven't dined in the Manhattan MDR.  

10 hours ago, Hannodcruise said:

Fancy?  Clean Jeans and a golf shirt is the highest level of dress up requested anywhere.

You haven't been around long enough to see me be cranky! That's too fancy for me. No polo shirt, no jeans, no sneakers on a cruise for me! I have to wear a suit and tie at work and at many social events I attend.

In vacation mode, I'm a flippie floppie, t-shirt, shorts kind of guy. If I must wear pants, as I may have to do on my NYE's cruise that leaves Saturday from Manhattan, I'll be wearing my LL Bean lounge pants. 

8 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

I don't know if there are any dressing "requirements" anymore in NCL dining choices.  2019 they wanted long pants and collared shirts in Cagney's, Ocean Blue and Manhattan.  Same in 2021 but on Joy last week I saw guys wearing nice shorts in all the waiting lines for these spots.  However I didn't stick around to see if the were let in or made to change.  

In all three cruises we still haven't dined in the Manhattan MDR.  

My husband tried to drag me in the Tropicana Room in September. He even pointed out the guys ahead of us in shorts who were let in. I told him no, because I didn't want to force the staff into an awkward position. I'll obey the dress code (and yes, I know the dress code is minimal @Hannodcruise), which means I won't try to force my way into these fancy schmancy Texas Roadhouse/Red Lobster style "specialty" restaurants. 

22 hours ago, cruisingrandy said:

Ate in Manhattan on Epic in Dec. and they made our 14 yr old who had on really nice golf shorts change.  As we set at the table some men came in dressed in jogging pants.  NCL needs to get their act together.  When we were waiting in line is when the hostess told we our son had to change his shorts.  Some of the other passengers questioned her saying he looked great.  Oh Well. But the Manhattan service was horribly slow. Never again will I go there

Agree.  NCL needs to realize that a nice pair of shorts is better than jogging pants.   

We have an Epic cruise this March with extended family and most (including my immediate family) will not be wearing pants on the cruise.   

15 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

NCL needs to realize that a nice pair of shorts is better than jogging pants. 

And while that sounds good here, how would it work in practice?

It is easy for the hostess to understand "Pants=Good, Shorts=Bad", but how are they to define "nice"? And what happens when Karen demands to see the manager because "how DARE you say MY shorts aren't 'nice' "?

I don't think it's hard to say no lounge-wear or athletic wear. That would take out shorts like basketball shorts and sweat pants. they can also throw in the old standard "finger tip length or longer" dress code that all of us ladies had to deal with when we were in school (in the US).

I personally don't care, but it just doesn't seem like rocket science to me if they actually wanted to go that route. but I think they don't care that much either.

Edited by AwesomO