Uber to/from Port Everglades?

SandyR5

We will be staying with friends in the Boca Raton area. We would like to take an Uber from their home to our cruise ship and have an Uber pick us up at whatever terminal we disembark from.  Anyone have experience having an Uber pick you up to bring you home or to thr airport?  Is there a designated “rideshare” pickup area?   Taxis love bringing you to the airport where they can easily pick up another fare, but they do not want to drive to Boca. Thanks. 

My bizarre Uber Experience: I used Uber 2 weeks ago to go from my hotel to the Regal Princess at terminal 2. When I booked Uber, terminal 2 did not show up on Port Everglades so I booked terminal 4 thinking I could tell the driver as we approached the port that we were boarding the Regal at T2, Unfortunately Jorge could not understand ANY english only spanish. Terminal dos and hand signals helped somewhat until we arrived at the parking garage which Jorge entered. We finally exited the garage and I explained to the attendant that Jorge had entered the garage by mistake and I was redirected. Ten minutes later we were back at the garage entrance and I had to get out of the car for directions from a police officer. We finally made it but it took 40 mins for our 10 min ride. The Uber bill showed up increased by $8 for time and distance - I disputed it and paid the original fare.