questions about holdem poker on princess

tommy47

i am going on the sky princess in 3 weeks and was wondering if princess still has the electronic machines that deal the holdem poker. they use to have a 1-2 no limit game at like 9:pm every night. i havent been on princess for about 4 years. thank you tommy47

Both Regal and Enchanted had Texas Hold'em tables as of late September 2022 and December 1, 2022.  I can't tell you about limits or tournaments or the like, but they had electronic tables on both ships.  Haven't been on Sky so can't speak to that ship.

There was always a notice in the Patter for a time for players to meet, usually sometime after 9 pm.

Yes they have the electronic machine and it's $1/$2 no limit.  They also had a couple of no limit tournaments on our cruise on the Enchanted last week and on the Discovery in October.  My DH loves Poker but hates the rake.  It's 10% up to $8 a hand.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, tommy47 said:

i am going on the sky princess in 3 weeks and was wondering if princess still has the electronic machines that deal the holdem poker. they use to have a 1-2 no limit game at like 9:pm every night. i havent been on princess for about 4 years. thank you tommy47

On 12/21/2022 at 12:46 PM, Murray's Pop said:

I asked this same question about 2 weeks ago and got no response.  Hopefully someone will answer here.

All the ships have a poker table, and not sure if 100% are replaced new, but I have seen/heard of only new ones this year.  Little different interface, same poker menu, but now that have added rip-off side-bet option for the Flop and you can also play BJ or Baccarat on the video in front of you.  I do know the BJ is limited in terms of what you can do due to screen size - such as only one split allowed per hand.  It does pay 2:1 on BJ.  Bets anywhere from $1 up.  Only two hands can be played at once.

On 12/21/2022 at 3:54 PM, azbirdmom said:

Yes they have the electronic machine and it's $1/$2 no limit.  They also had a couple of no limit tournaments on our cruise on the Enchanted last week and on the Discovery in October.  My DH loves Poker but hates the rake.  It's 10% up to $8 a hand.

On the Crown the rake was 15% on cash games on the Texas hold em table.

As a result the twice daily tournaments were full, but no takers for cash games.  The cruise started with one tournament daily, but added a second a the request of the passengers since there was enough interest.

Some of the passengers got together and organized and played their own cash game in the conference room on the Crown.  Not sure if the chips were one of the players or if they were able to find them on board (they were in two rather used briefcase holders, may have come from the game area (library on board).  The cash game was 1/2 no limit games with a very friendly set of players.  Of course that depends on having enough people on your cruise willing to organize and participate.

Edited by ldtr

27 minutes ago, ldtr said:

On the Crown the rake was 15% on cash games on the Texas hold em table.

As a result the twice daily tournaments were full, but no takers for cash games.  The cruise started with one tournament daily, but added a second a the request of the passengers since there was enough interest.

Some of the passengers got together and organized and played their own cash game in the conference room on the Crown.  Not sure if the chips were one of the players or if they were able to find them on board (they were in two rather used briefcase holders, may have come from the game area (library on board).  The cash game was 1/2 no limit games with a very friendly set of players.  Of course that depends on having enough people on your cruise willing to organize and participate.

The rake has always annoyed me too.. so have only bothered when there's a tournament. Other than the tournaments.. hardly ever see anybody playing. Shame.