Ocean Cay Yacht Club Cabana Question

EMc&DrS

I know there are “Ocean View” and “Oceanfront” cabanas in the YC area at Ocean Cay, but which are which? There are some located on the beach behind all of the free lounge chairs, and then there are some on the other side of Ocean House up on top of the rocky hill overlooking the ocean with no direct access to the ocean. The ones on the hill are more private, but are they the “ocean view” cabanas since they have no direct access to the water?

The ones behind the lounge chairs are called Oceanfront while the ones by the rocks are Oceanview.  If you're wanting to spend time in the water, I'd go with the Oceanfront. There are 6 of them with #1 being the farthest from the Ocean House restaurant and #6 being the closest but also by the accessway with lots of foot traffic.  We had Cabana #5 which was a good location.

We had good butler service on both sides.

Just now, psmarkle said:

The ones behind the lounge chairs are called Oceanfront while the ones by the rocks are Oceanview.  If you're wanting to spend time in the water, I'd go with the Oceanfront. There are 6 of them with #1 being the farthest from the Ocean House restaurant and #6 being the closest but also by the accessway with lots of foot traffic.  We had Cabana #5 which was a good location.

We had good butler service on both sides.

Thanks

There are several cabanas in a semi-circle or cul-de-sac type area near the YC Ocean House restaurant. That area is surrounded by rocks and does not have a sandy beach. You would have to take a short walk over to the neighboring beach to swim or walk along the beach. I would imagine that all of these cabanas are considered Ocean View as opposed to Ocean Front.