CARNIVAL VENEZIA - 14 AUGUST, 2023 - 19 AUGUST, 2023

UPNYGuy

• 1 month later...

Bob and Marty from Las Vegas. Can’t wait to check out this new (to Carnival) ship. We are sailing the Luminosa in June, and will sail the Firenze when she gets to Long Beach. Looking forward to trying all 3.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My dear wife and I booked this sailing and are looking forward to it.  We've done variations of this sailing multiple times and always enjoy the Canadian Maritimes.  We typically do this sailing in September, so that part will be different.  We typically go to Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg from Halifax, and maybe St. Andrews or St. Martins, from St. John.  

Best regards,

Bob and Caryn

Edited by westview1900

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I are from Miami and will be spending July and August between the NYC Metropolitan area and the Catskills. Just booked this cruise. Never been on cruise to Canada before. Anyone have suggestions regarding excursions for the days in Halifax and New Brunswick. Carnival's offers appear reasonably priced. In the past I have done better as far as quality and price with private tour, but you usually need more than 2 people to make it worthwhile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 7:46 AM, peachcreamsicle said:

Hey all! My husband and I are booked on this cruise (along with some extended family) and can’t wait to board! 

We’ll be driving from Toronto to NY and are wondering if anyone knows of any park and cruise hotels? 

Look over in Ridgefield park      Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn.      but for us it was just cheaper to pay to park at the pier as there is 7 of us      Shuttle covered the first two in the room-   and each person was 65.   round trip 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 2:09 PM, ddlid said:

My wife and I are from Miami and will be spending July and August between the NYC Metropolitan area and the Catskills. Just booked this cruise. Never been on cruise to Canada before. Anyone have suggestions regarding excursions for the days in Halifax and New Brunswick. Carnival's offers appear reasonably priced. In the past I have done better as far as quality and price with private tour, but you usually need more than 2 people to make it worthwhile.

We've been to both St. John and Halifax about 5 or six times.  What we do now, is rent cars and drive to places we have found that we like such as St. Martins or St. Andrews near St. John, and drive to Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay, and Lunenburg.  We walk from the ship to the rental car companies.  If you choose to take excursions , I would suggest St. Martin and Peggy's Cove.  If you rent a car, you should reserve it now, as the last time we were there, they were out of cars in both ports.  If the ship is late getting into port, let the rental car companies know.  I found out the hard way last time when we disembarked 2 hours late and our rental car was gone.