Pictures at the Pool/Shops at the Port

TravelWorks

Great pictures. Where is this exactly? Is this part of a resort at Costa Maya? We might be going there instead of Cozumel and would like to know mostly about the pool, it looks awesome. Thanks for posting the pics!:D

Great pictures. Where is this exactly? Is this part of a resort at Costa Maya? We might be going there instead of Cozumel and would like to know mostly about the pool, it looks awesome. Thanks for posting the pics!:D

No this is not a resort!

These pictures were taken at the Costa Maya Pier where you get off your ship...an area built up by the cruiselines. The pool is salt water and is filled by the current of the ocean...there is a swim up bar there.

There is a bunch of shops too, as you can see from the pics...

We went to Mahahual for the day($3 to go...$2 to return):

Here are those pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=309669

Got better shopping deals there....

Some in our group went to the Mayan ruins with David and Ivan...which left from the Cat's Meow in Mahahual...(around $42)

Here are those pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=309995

****But we had fun messing around at the pier shops and pool when we got back from our touring!:D

In mahahual....there is basically one sand/dirt road that runs the length of the town...shops are on the right~ beach on the left~ as you are walking down it from where the $3pp bus ticket drops you off. (This is also where you can get a taxi back to the boat for about $2 a person when you are done there!)

We walked the entire length of this village(6 blocks maybe!) to Pez Quadros...a bar/restaurant on the beach.... is the very last thing on the left at the end of this village/sand/dirt road.... I believe this is called tequilla beach...because people pay like $25 to have non stop alcohol and food here...but we just ordered what we wanted to eat and hung out....there was no way we came near to spending $25 a person!;)

We ate some great food there...then we walked back the way we had came, but on the beach~ instead of the sand/dirt road, stopping under the palms for a rest and later on a bigger beach area for some swimming and playing around.

The pictures under the palms....where we took a little nap, and hung out talking....were maybe 30-50 feet from Pez Quadros. The more open beach we found about another 150 feet further down while walking back on the beach...It was a nice spot so we hung out there for awhile.

There are several lovely spots along the beach...Remember it really is only about 6 blocks long...if that...so just find your spot ....there are a couple little bars/resaurants on the way and people were just hanging out and drinking beer for around $2 a bottle. We stopped and talked with a few couples.

My friends ate at the CAT'S MEOW...which is run by a canadian gal....and they said that the food was good and the beer cheap there too.

I don't drink.....

but the thing that got me .....

was this guy walked up and down the beach selling deepfried plaintain banana chips~ salted and with hot sauce...for around $1 a bag....they were amazing!!! He found a repeat customer in me!!!

He would come by every 15 minutes or so just to sell me another bag!

I learned how to make them at home....and I even found the same hot sauce in a Grocery store here in Utah!!!! Oh man...when I am eating it~I am right back in Mahahual on the beach!!!! SO good!

*Our friends who went with David and Ivan to the Mayan Ruins...had a blast too...

I wish I had done that too...because they not only saw Mahahual and hung out there wheeling and dealing at the "shops" in the village before they left from the Cat's Meow...but they also saw the ruins...and then just came back to the beach afterwards...& we all met later by the pool at the pier and hung out there too...It was a great day for everyone in our group!

Whatever you do...

Have fun!

Honestly I didn't go to the bathroom while we were there.

I had used the nice bathrooms at the pier area before we left for mahahual and I didn't change my clothes and rinse off the salt after we were in the ocean, because I knew I was going right back to the saltwater pool at the pier.... I didn't shower again or go to the restroom until after I was back on the ship...

I am sorry... I am sure there are restrooms there across the street....but I didn't use them?!?!?!

I can't help much there.

Maybe someone else knows.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much!

We are looking foward to this port!

If it were you, would you rent a car in this port or just take taxies? There will be 5 of us. I am thinking rent the cab and goto to these beaches, but what are your thoughts?

PS Do you have a map you can scan?

Thank you very much!

Mike

Thank you very much!

If it were you, would you rent a car in this port or just take taxies? There will be 5 of us. I am thinking rent the cab and goto to these beaches, but what are your thoughts?

Thank you very much!

Mike

Just got back on the 18th 0f March from this port. Do not rent, I repeat do not rent a car. The bus will take you to the beach about a mile or two down the road and you can ride a taxi back. Bus is $3 per person and Taxi is $2 per person back. The best time on our cruise was at this port. Have fun!!!

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

Mike

Just got back on the 18th 0f March from this port. Do not rent, I repeat do not rent a car. The bus will take you to the beach about a mile or two down the road and you can ride a taxi back. Bus is $3 per person and Taxi is $2 per person back. The best time on our cruise was at this port. Have fun!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived