NYE on NCL

EADW1991

I have never been on a NYE cruise and I’m trying to know what to expect. Is there a big party or special dinner? Are there fireworks? Does everyone get super dressed up? We are sailing on the Prima on Friday 12/30 from Orlando. Thanks in advance and happy holidays!! 

On a NYE cruise with the Norwegian Spirit (smaller ship) some years ago, all new years parties were held indoors, there were a balloon release in the atrium at midnight instead of fireworks. Main Dining Rooms had an "upgraded" menu for New Year's Eve and all speciality restaurants just had their regular menu (I actually found that to be a little dissappointing). About 90% of the people on board dressed up for the evening - ranging from "smart casual" to "formal".

There were free "champagne" for everyone in the bars surrounding the Atrium at midnight.

IMG_2728.thumb.jpg.c800995dc01cc663bee13f656bfe28a9.jpg

IMG_2765.thumb.jpg.fe23b41ecd3d3ac0ed89b409048d57f3.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We were on the Gem out of NYC last year for New Years, and there was a celebration by the main pool. They had a limited number of noise makers, pushed a 2021 ice sculpture into the pool and then replaced it was 2022, and there was a different menu in the MDR. Most excitedly, the captain blew the horn for a solid minute, which was so loud and also so awesome! Glad we stayed up for it!

• Like 2

I'm like you, booked on my first New Year's cruise. We're leaving on New Year's Eve from NYC. Some people have reported they'll be dressing up all snazzy. In a poll I saw somewhere, there were 80 votes.

37 said they're dressing formal, 26 casual, 7 fun fancy (whatever the heck that is), 8 sparkly (not formal), and 2 as disco balls. 

I'm in casual...super casual grouping. I'll have my requisite t-shirt, (maybe a hoodie), shorts (LL Bean lounge pants), and flippie floppies on. Since we're sailing out of Manhattan, I'm guessing it'll be chilly, hence the slight modifications above.

We'll be counting down til New Year's, then probably passing out at 12:02 AM...we're creatures of the morning, not the night. 

Have a lovely New Year's onboard the Prima!

• Like 2