RCCL seems to have very few beach options in Coz?

Vacationdreamer<><

I have been to Cozumel three times.  After the second visit, I swore I'd never go again.  We'd gone to Nachi Cocum and Playa Mia and both times the sand was rough and unpleasant.

I ended up there again in 2019 and this time went ot Isla Pasion on the north side of the island and this time the sand was delightful.  We have a wonderful time and I was willing to book another cruise that had a stop in Cozumel.  But now I see that RCCL has very, very few beach excursion.

I tried to look up Isla Pasion for a direct booking, but they idicate cruise ship passengers should book with their ship.  And given the location, I can see why it would be valuable to have a ship doing the transporting.

I hate to lose a beach day, but I would be hard pressed to visit Playa Mia again.  We are a group of 7, with the youngest 10 years old.  

Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions to the north side of the island?

When is your cruise? If it's more than 90 days or so, they are most likely still adding excursions to the available choices. We went to Isla Pasion several years ago on a Carnival cruise and it was absolutely gorgeous, but I've never found it available on an RCCL cruise. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, Vacationdreamer&lt;&gt;&lt; said:

I have been to Cozumel three times.  After the second visit, I swore I'd never go again.  We'd gone to Nachi Cocum and Playa Mia and both times the sand was rough and unpleasant.

I ended up there again in 2019 and this time went ot Isla Pasion on the north side of the island and this time the sand was delightful.  We have a wonderful time and I was willing to book another cruise that had a stop in Cozumel.  But now I see that RCCL has very, very few beach excursion.

I tried to look up Isla Pasion for a direct booking, but they idicate cruise ship passengers should book with their ship.  And given the location, I can see why it would be valuable to have a ship doing the transporting.

I hate to lose a beach day, but I would be hard pressed to visit Playa Mia again.  We are a group of 7, with the youngest 10 years old.  

Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions to the north side of the island?

What's your beach plan in Cozumel?

We LOVED Isla Pasion, too, and I understand your comment about the sand, as I was unimpressed with the Paradise Beach water & sand.  I didn't hate it, as we enjoyed the service and the food, but it's not postcard-worthy, like I had hoped.