Royal caribbean cancellation, credits and booking

cusematt4

Hi,

knowing that I or family members will cruise in the next year and a half, I’d like to spend over 1,000 on Amex to trigger a cash back points offer.

if I book a cruise without intention of taking it, can I cancel and get a refund in a future cruise credit rather than cash back?

if I cancel for a fcc refund credit, can it be used by any family member or only by the family member who was on the original reservation?  I’m unsure if me or other family members will be next to cruise and would like to be applied to whomever cruises next.

also if I get a fcc from cancelling a fully refundable deposit reservation, can this be used with any travel agent and can it be used with any promotions?

thanks!

7 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi,

knowing that I or family members will cruise in the next year and a half, I’d like to spend over 1,000 on Amex to trigger a cash back points offer.

if I book a cruise without intention of taking it, can I cancel and get a refund in a future cruise credit rather than cash back?

if I cancel for a fcc refund credit, can it be used by any family member or only by the family member who was on the original reservation?  I’m unsure if me or other family members will be next to cruise and would like to be applied to whomever cruises next.

also if I get a fcc from cancelling a fully refundable deposit reservation, can this be used with any travel agent and can it be used with any promotions?

thanks!

The only way fcc's would ne issued is if you booked a non refundable deposit which would incur a $100pp change fee or if you cancelled a loss of the entire deposit.

Book refundable and instead of cancelling just move it to a new date. No fees as long as it's done before final payment.

No way to get fcc's with a refundable deposit. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks.  What happens if I want to move it to a different date with a travel agent and only for 1 of the two of us?  Can they apply the full amount to my reservation if the other person isn't going to be traveling but someone else will be?

Does anyone know if a cruise under 2 people can be switched to a cruise for just 1 of the 2 people if 1 of the two decides to take a different cruise instead?  Can promos still be applied to a new sailing, and can be it switched to a travel agent?

I'm hoping to take advantage of an amex offer but am unsure who I am going to be traveling with and when.

38 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Does anyone know if a cruise under 2 people can be switched to a cruise for just 1 of the 2 people if 1 of the two decides to take a different cruise instead?  Can promos still be applied to a new sailing, and can be it switched to a travel agent?

You can cancel the second person but it won’t save anything but taxes on the second person. You can transfer a sailing to a TA within 30 days if it’s not paid off and before final payment. You can switch names on a booking up to about two days out (one of the original names has to stay). 

3 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Thanks.  What happens if I want to move it to a different date with a travel agent and only for 1 of the two of us?  Can they apply the full amount to my reservation if the other person isn't going to be traveling but someone else will be?

You have 30 days from the date the booking was created to transfer to a travel agent.  One name must remain on the booking, other names can be changed.