Escape Vibe - Help

donnyo1997

Will be on the Escape, our first time. Last minute booking. We got shut out from prebuying Vibe passes so we will have to do it when first boarding, ugh!!!  Did searching but could not find answer to this question. Where on the Escape do you purchase the Vibe passes?  Is it Guest Services or Headliners?  Appreciate any help

6 hours ago, donnyo1997 said:

Will be on the Escape, our first time. Last minute booking. We got shut out from prebuying Vibe passes so we will have to do it when first boarding, ugh!!!  Did searching but could not find answer to this question. Where on the Escape do you purchase the Vibe passes?  Is it Guest Services or Headliners?  Appreciate any help

I'm not a 1000% but the last time we were on the escape it was headliners, not guest services. I'm wondering if they sell additional passes on the boat. I was shocked when they offered it for our jan 28th cruise. I've tried to run and grab passes 5 times and never was lucky!!! And this time I scored getting them online 🙂.

We are on NCL Escape for our cecond NCL cruise in April. Our group of 6 were lucky enough to score Vibe passes online. It will be our first time. Can those with experience in Vibe tell me what all we can expect there, desides the private non crowded area to hang in? Do they give you wrist bands, activate something on your card for access, or how is access monitored? Any other tips or information would be appreciated. 

Your cabin card will open the Vibe door. They will provide wrist bands for you in your cabin, but almost no one wears them. The Vibe staff has your name and photo so they know who has paid.

The Vibe staff is excellent. They will know your name and drink preferences by Day 2.  The staff will check with you frequently and bring a new beverage as soon as your other one evaporates. FYI…they seem to evaporate quickly in the Caribbean.  Must have something to do with the salt air:) 

The Vibe doesn’t have food. You can bring items in or just skip out for 30 minutes and go to the buffet. During the day Vibe staff will come around with fruit skewers stuck in a pineapple, cookies and occasionally finger sandwiches. 

No need to rush to the Vibe at crack o dawn to grab a lounger. I’ve never seen more than 20-30 people in the Vibe at any one time. This may change now that the pre cruise purchase option is available. My only Vibe experience since the option was to Alaska which is not a Vibe-heavy cruise. I’m going in January on the Getaway. We shall see what the crowds are like. 

The Vibe is a daytime destination. I describe it as a private sun deck. There is no music, a few TVs behind the bar showing either cricket or soccer. The bar will close early (6-7 ish). You will encounter the Vibe bartenders in the theatre or elsewhere at night. The door will open until about 10pm, but no one really goes after dinner. It’s a great place to relax and engage with other passengers. No worries about getting a chair, restrooms are nearby, towels and blankets available, terrific staff. You’re going to love it. Have fun. 

59 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

Your cabin card will open the Vibe door. They will provide wrist bands for you in your cabin, but almost no one wears them. The Vibe staff has your name and photo so they know who has paid.

The Vibe staff is excellent. They will know your name and drink preferences by Day 2.  The staff will check with you frequently and bring a new beverage as soon as your other one evaporates. FYI…they seem to evaporate quickly in the Caribbean.  Must have something to do with the salt air:) 

The Vibe doesn’t have food. You can bring items in or just skip out for 30 minutes and go to the buffet. During the day Vibe staff will come around with fruit skewers stuck in a pineapple, cookies and occasionally finger sandwiches. 

No need to rush to the Vibe at crack o dawn to grab a lounger. I’ve never seen more than 20-30 people in the Vibe at any one time. This may change now that the pre cruise purchase option is available. My only Vibe experience since the option was to Alaska which is not a Vibe-heavy cruise. I’m going in January on the Getaway. We shall see what the crowds are like. 

The Vibe is a daytime destination. I describe it as a private sun deck. There is no music, a few TVs behind the bar showing either cricket or soccer. The bar will close early (6-7 ish). You will encounter the Vibe bartenders in the theatre or elsewhere at night. The door will open until about 10pm, but no one really goes after dinner. It’s a great place to relax and engage with other passengers. No worries about getting a chair, restrooms are nearby, towels and blankets available, terrific staff. You’re going to love it. Have fun. 

I don't know if it depends on the ship, but on the Prima a couple of weeks ago there were no wristbands.  Maybe they are going or have gone away.

7 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

I don't know if it depends on the ship, but on the Prima a couple of weeks ago there were no wristbands.  Maybe they are going or have gone away.

It's looking like we will have to try to get them on board, if that is even an option when we go next month (love writing that 😁). Do you know where on Prima the Vibe passes were sold? 

48 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

It's looking like we will have to try to get them on board, if that is even an option when we go next month (love writing that 😁). Do you know where on Prima the Vibe passes were sold? 

We got ours online pre-cruise.  I do not know if any were still available to buy onboard and if so where they were sold.

How many passes do you think they would make available for near sold out cruise on one of these mega ships? I would hope they would not oversell and the next thing you know the Vibe area is like the main pool deck on a sea day.  

27 minutes ago, Davechipp74 said:

How many passes do you think they would make available for near sold out cruise on one of these mega ships? I would hope they would not oversell and the next thing you know the Vibe area is like the main pool deck on a sea day.  

I just don’t see overselling happening. I think they sell all the space available, but not more. I have seen them announce the Vibe is sold out to people standing in line ready to give them money.
 I have never sailed NCL without purchasing the Vibe (if it’s on the ship).  They have made thousands of dollars from me by selling access. The first time I go into the Vibe and find no empty loungers nor seats at the bar will be my last time ever in the Vibe and possibly on NCL. 

• Like 2