Odds on Port Canaveral to SFB noon Flight?

keishashadow

When sailing out of port canaveral, generally park car rental at terminal.  then, we drive to Orlando parks & tend to catch last flight home that night.  This trip prefer to just fly home as will be there a week prior to cruise.  

MCO flights in afternoon that day are quite high, likely due to holiday travelers.  Best price is a late night option & it’s still 2/3rd more overall than a SFB option😑.  Not to mention the extra rental car day charge

Rccl states docking at 7 am.  if we self disembark estimating, at best, we could be in rental car by 8:30 am. Giving us 3.5 hours

We do have TSA precheck.  SFB is a breeze to navigate compared to MCO including rental

drop off

Realize not a lot of wiggle room. As insurance of sorts, could book a fully cancellable fare out of MCO 🤔

No idea how customs has been processing at RCCL terminal lately.  

Also, not sure of traffic flow from port area on a Monday up to Sanford area  I’m thinking approx an hour?

anyone here successfully pull this off?

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Have you looked at using a shuttle instead of renting a car - less hassle and could get you on the road earlier.  Taxi or Uber/Lyft are other options.

Thanks, We’d have the rental parked in the onsite terminal garage.  Usually in same ballpark when comparing the costs for a three day cruise for us.

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

You've got plenty of time. My concern would be how many flights are available at SFB if you miss yours.

Ha, answer is none…for days. Trade off when flying allegiant.  Ergo, the backup reservation I’d want in hand at MCO I could cancel.  

Edited by keishashadow