Fairbanks Tour options For Our May 14th tour cruise

MickeyP

Would anyone recommend a tour option for Fairbanks, Alaska. Our Cruise ( Tour first) on May 14th, 2023 has us two nights/days in Fairbanks to start off. There is a Steamboat cruise included and the Aurora lights aren't very popular from April to August. I understand there is a few Museums that seem popular. 

2 hours ago, MickeyP said:

Would anyone recommend a tour option for Fairbanks, Alaska. Our Cruise ( Tour first) on May 14th, 2023 has us two nights/days in Fairbanks to start off. There is a Steamboat cruise included and the Aurora lights aren't very popular from April to August. I understand there is a few Museums that seem popular. 

If you are on a Holland America cruise tour and you have two nights in Fairbanks HAL has probably planned for you to see the Alaska Pipeline, panning for gold, and the steamboat on the Chena River which are usually a combined activity.  You will be staying at the Westmark which is an easy walk to a museum along the riverfront.  Look online for the Fairbanks visitor center information.  Look on the HAL excursion site for other convenient activities.

Thanks so much, I failed to say we are on HAL , but I did post this on the HAL section of the boards. I talked to Customer service this morning and we are staying at the Westmark,  prior attempts to find out went unfounded.  Thanks again. Mike

17 hours ago, MickeyP said:

Maybe a lot to get through, but you may find some tips in our report on our last years land and cruise tour here; in Fairbanks, we walked over to Pioneer Park, which was a nice day out, but closer by the Westmark are indeed museum options, like the Ice museum and the mining hall of fame, both of which we did not visit.