Thermal Suite on Ovation

winky81

Hi everyone, I'm cruising on Ovation (first time on this ship) soon and am wondering if the thermal suite pass is worth it? For context I'm a teacher on school holidays that doesn't want to be constantly around kids so will be spending most of my time in the Solarium and the bars! I thought the thermal suite may be another option for a quiet area, however it's not cheap and wondering if it is nice enough to justify the price? Or should the Solarium suffice (hoping that chairs are regularly available).

TIA

Recommend going up to the Spa on day 1 and talking to the ladies there. Ask for a tour and if there are any specials. There are normally specials on day 1 (and throughout!) but you could use a special to give it a go and then get a longer pass if you love it.

Solarium has seemed busy to me in the past but it is less busy late afternoon/evening and is actually lovely around that time.

Bear in mind that the thermal suite isn't always exactly quiet. It depends on the number of people in there at any one time. It's mixed-sex, so there can be couples in there talking to each other, or friends who think it's a good place to hang out and gab. I haven't been on Ovation, just Oasis and Allure, and unfortunately Royal isn't known for having the greatest design for thermal suites. The ones on Oasis and Allure have no natural light and cramped sauna/steam room facilities, and tended to be very echo-ey because of all the tile and glass. 

• 4 weeks later...